Things change, things stay the same....



On the drive through Glossop to Sheffield, I was sad to see that the town's old fashioned chemist had changed owners! Gone was the 1930's sign stating the pharmacist's name - Finlay McKinley, and it seemed end of an era, especially as I think I got inspiration for Fin's name from seeing the sign on a regular basis.


Sheffield has changed too. Buildings are shooting up all over; old cutlery workshops down Trippett lane are getting a revamp and the old school opposite All Bar One is well on the way to be developed into a hotel and bars. It is nice to see. Ambled around the city for a bit and took some pictures of the completed Peace Gardens and City Hall, which give the city an art deco feel then met up with Jane and Mike, who managed to get the night off from their respective partners to come out. Mike was on excellent form, obviously leaving his job has lifted him considerably, and Jane looks every inch like her Laura Linney double! It was good to meet and chat, and coming over gave me the boost that I needed,


Left Sheffield this morning after a bit of shopping at Coles and the drive over the Peaks was lovely as Ladybower was stunning. Took a few nice shots of Derwent and was home for lunch!
Later this month I am going over again to see Nige and Kathryn, I hope to fit in a visit to the revamped Weston Park Museum which looks very impressive

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes