Deco sunrise

I am lucky as I have never suffered from a depressive episode; sure I have had black moods and bad days, but overall I am blessed with a somewhat robust optimism which I am sure is inherited from my pragmatic ( and slightly naive) grandmother.
I have three friends that are not as fortunate, and over the past few years I have watched fairly helplessly as they have suffered from this creeping and totally debilitating condition. Through hard work ,fate and time two have recovered to variable but manageable degrees, and as a friend that has witnessed this journey I feel that only now I can let out a small sigh of relief. One friend in particular felt lost to me for months and months as obsession and misery filled his very existence, and it was at those bleak moments that you can almost loose track of the traits that cemented your friendship in the first case. Now both have returned, and I think they are , wiser,lighter and more importantly stronger for their experiences, and with the risk of sounding like an interviewee on Woman's Hour, in some ways so do I.
Loosing Finlay put me at a realistic but for me uncharacteristic low, and bang!-- there were my friends and family, just waiting in the wings with concern and care. Two of my biggest supporters were the two friends that are beating their own depressions and that very fact speaks volumes; perhaps it is a touch of, what goes around comes around!, and I would like to think that is the case, all I really know it is just nice to have them both back

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes