A Busy day,Monty Don's bottom, weight loss and a nice email


The weather has been so so, but in between cold cloudy moments, the sun has been glorious and I have finished another 20 square feet of the allotment. I am planning a wild flower strip to fence the allotment off from the road and to make a prettier view from the cottage, and planted thousands of Californian poppy seeds (pic) in the poor rough ground this morning. I also set my potatoes out in the spare bedroom for "chitting" Monty Don in one of the Sunday supplements state that farmers used to plonk their bare arses into the soil to see if it was "warm" enough to allow potato planting to take place! well it did amuse me!

The allotment has helped with weightwatchers considerably over the past couple of weeks and weightloss this week is 4.5 ibs!! So the total amount gone is 1 st 1 lb!!!!!!!!!in 4 weeks.
Susan the breeder that we have got all the dogs from e mailed me this morning: she is a direct, doggy person, with a pragmatic often brusque manner! that I am sure can be a little off putting to those that don't know her. I have always warmed to her,and her email I recieved this morning touched me greatly. It was exactly what I needed to read today
"I suppose people cannot understand that our dogs mean so much to us they are our life our pleasure is taking them out and seeing them run like you thats where the enjoyment comes in. I always feel we do the very best we can for our dogs and no-one can do anymore but give them the best doggy life they can have. You are the same ,---your gang are very lucky to have you.

If you ever need us you know where we are."
I was very touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes