"300" & a battle for control

300 (2006) is a film either watched by geeks who like "adult" comic books or men who like buffed up half naked Greeks, showing off their unreasonably toned bodies. I guess there are a few homoerotic- liking comic book fans that actually get both boxes ticked when watching this visually beautiful film, but perhaps they are in the minority? humm well maybe/maybe not?

The film was fairly good fun; Gerard Butler, David Wenham, Vincent Regan and Dominic West all have bigger bosoms than the only female in the cast Lena Headey! and the homoerotic relationships that the Spartans are historically famous for have been glossed over with comic book violence ,gore and a masculinity overflow! It was all a bit much, but I must admit I did like Butler as King Leonidas with his booming Scottish accent. The real history of the battle of Thermopylae makes more interesting reading:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae.

When I was making tea tonight, Maddie and Meg came to blows over a pigs ear and their first fight since arriving here was a humdinger! It had to come I suppose, as Leader Fin has gone, and neither bitch was in the mood to back down, which was especially strange for Maddie . Usually I would have left them to it, but the fight was particularly bad tempered , I felt obliged to haul meg up by the scruff of her neck out of the way.

First day that I haven't cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes