A two hour cat flap & the generation gap

Richard isn't big on conversation, so it is always good to organise non verbal activities! The new cat flap looks impressive, and poor Rich spent two hours on the kitchen floor fitting it! Much to the amusement of Finlay to sat 2 inches from him at all times watching all activity and listened intently to the irritable swearing!

Chris was working yesterday so we did B & Q, a long walk on the beach and the farm and pet warehouse. I worked last night ( an awful shift as we had 10 patients at one stage and 8 beds) and after three hours sleep Chris has taken his dad to Prestatyn to do a bit of shopping and to touch base with my sister! I was working with a senior member of staff who seems to delight to pick all members of staff on something they have perhaps done incorrectly, and this inconsistent and rather petty way of working I feel often undermines young inexperienced staff, as well as being managerially unproductive. She bussled across the unit at the height of a busy episode to pull me up about a very minor point ( infront of several staff) and I was having none of it. As she spoke I smiled and shrugged but kept her gaze, and as she repeated herself I smiled and shrugged again! Finally half amused she said "You don't give a shit do you" and I broke the ice by laughing! Oh how I hate managers who cannot manage people!

The stone fish was breathing great gobs of smoke when I went out to feed the chickens! This amused me greatly as it sits on the wall by the back door! Unfortunately you cannot see it smoking clearly on the photo, but certainly Richard's cig bin has been located!


Later I have booked a table at Osborn house ( see previous blog) so I feel we have "made the effort"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes