Work on the chain gang, being single and sex and the city



Well I have shifted exactly one ton of hardcore today and have laid the foundation for the new gravel path. Tomorrow I will pound it within an inch of its life and then edge it! Humm having second thoughts on the gravel though as Maddie still finds weeing on small stones very exciting.

The extension for the chicken run is being delivered on Friday and then Robina and Sarah will be moved to the bottom left hand corner of the new back garden!

Watched a rerun of Sex and the City last night and It was interesting as the subject of the episode was the need for people to be part of a couple! whether it be in a gay or straight relationships! The programme mirrored a conversation I had with Nigel , in almost every sense, and I had to laugh when Sarah Jessica Parker met a gay friend of hers in the street. He was arm in arm with his "life partner", and the first thing they asked the generally single and tired of it Parker, was could she donate an egg to them!! The character Carrie Bradshaw just stood in the New York street and cried "Now I am single, invisible and just seen as an egg donor!" It is more common to be single now-a-days, but certainly society still seems to frown on the singleton , gay or straight.

Nigel hates what he says in the heterosexualization of gay relationships, and I wonder if I have fallen into that trap a little? okok we do have three dogs (instead of children) and I would like to get married ( me and Nuala have decieded we do indeed have bride envy) but I don't think we are cloying in showing everyone our wonderfull, just as good as a straight relationship, as was portrayed by the characters in Sex and the City! God I hope not !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes