Film 4


I am so happy we are able to get film 4 now!!! watched a couple of films tonight which I really did enjoy! Notting Hill (1999) is I think Richard Curtis' best film. Frothy and light, certainly, and with that awful view of the Brits as upper class twits, The film is saved in my mind by some nice peformances from Julia Roberts and the usual Brit supporting cast!( I loved Gina McKee too).

The other film was You Can Count On Me (2000) and is a very different story ----Split from their parents at an early age, Sammy and Terry, the older and younger, respectively, are forced to rely on one another throughout their youths until Terry vanishes, traveling across the nation for a long time.When he finally returns, Terry finds that Sammy has built a somewhat stable life for herself in their beautifully provincial Appalachian hometown with her single-mom life and her son, Rudy.

Laura Linney and Mark Ruffalo play sister and brother, and I have seldom seen a more moving portrayal of sibling love and shared growing up secrets. It was a lovely moving and painfull film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes