Hypericum and the best laid plans of mice and men


My plans got rained out today! It has pissed down!...managed to get out to Jacksons and have bought several cottagey/old fashioned plants for the new garden. Bought honeysuckle, loosestrife, lavender, formosa,buddleia, and another rambling rose for the arch!. Pleased to get a hypericum (left) as it one of my favourite garden shrubs! its smell reminds me of vintage gardens in surburbian Prestatyn when I was a child.

Managed to put in some of the structural plants in between the showers, but couldn't dig the path out! However I did get to the builders' merchant and ordered the hardcore.

Last night we watched the romantic comedy One Fine Day, with George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer. It is an excellent 1940 ish style old fashioned New York movie, and I must admit George Clooney is a talented comedian! and actor, and rather better than Cary Grant who dominated similar roles in the 1940's and 1950's.

Just lit the cottage fire tonight, so autumn is here ! and a lacklustre summer is over

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes