An hour to kill

Waiting for the weather to clear so that I can go out, so thought I would do my own list of things I love, almost in reply to my friend Nigel's eloquent blog detailing his favourite things. Mine I would think , will be more on a par with the level of Julie Andrews' "....Brown paper packages, tied up with string...", but who cares?

I agree with Nige though I will concentrate on things rather than people ( and animals of course!).

Hummmmmm, things I love?
Chatsworth House, especially the sculpture gallery

Cleaning the house from top to bottom, and having a cup of tea while I survey my hard work



Sitting in a near empty cinema



A dogs nose on my knee


Sitting on the top dam at Redmires looking down at Sheffield on a nice sunny day



Yellow Iris

Watching lightening at night, whilst in bed


Watching black and white films on an afternoon, being inside when it's raining. Letters from a friend


Getting an unexpected text from a friend




Gardening in silence, watering my handing baskets, cutting the lawn edges,


Snow (the crisp very cold and non slushy stuff), having a roaring fire in the cottage


Anything art deco

The angel sculpture in central park, which is simply quite beautifull

Christmas in general, but especially the build up, and preparation

ALL BAR ONE.. well more importantly time with friends gossiping,laughing and emotional romping

Bangers and Mash

Observing little acts of kindness

Old Nuns on planes

after a half hour brainstorm waiting for the vet to be bothered to turn up after her lunch, my other favourite things are

Edith Marimbirie's ( an African nurse I used to work with) chuckle

That clean smell at the Dentist,

very windy days on the beach

free range eggs

Laura Ashley cushions

1930's green paint

old needlepoints

a house full of antiques,

The crisp heat you get in the morning when on holiday in Sitges,

family & friends photographs nicely framed.

The Archers theme tune, (dum-dee-dum-dee-dum-dee-dum!!!)

The smell of Jasmine

coriander

The Oyster Bar in Grand Central Station

Prestatyn wind farm

Well the list is endless, and as I haven't got all day and the dogs need their walk, I will leave it there, no doubt I can think of hundreds more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes