I’m thinking of Yael today, and of Lee too.
And stream follower Zachary in Tel Aviv got a message from me too as did Yael
Lee received a kiss , sent heavenward from the garden
I do so miss her
We all know it’s the anniversary of the 711 attacks
And most of us here want a lasting peace.
Today I streamed on a gay streaming site.
Zachary joined in. He’s a bright IT businessman in his thirties with sharp witty asides to many a topic
The room had several gay men I know in it,; a polish actor, a doctor from the East Indies , an Englishman on chemo, a Spanish physio, and one of the last entrants was a Younger Palestinian student , who was living in Germany
I was moved by one brief interaction between him and Zachary as the Arab said hello to the group, he typed a diplomatic and kind “ Shalom” to all”,
There was a brief gap in the correspondence
After which the Israeli replied with an equally moving “ As salamu Alaykum” ๐
Yael and all everywhere are wished well and safe.
ReplyDeleteI miss Lee, too.
As I learned from the American Field Service exchange students my senior year in high school ...
"Walk together, talk together ye peoples of the world. Then, and only then, will there be peace."
May it be so.
Hugs!
I don't know what it will take for the world to realise that hatred isn't, and never will be, the answer. All we can do is spread our love as far as possible and call out the haters. ❤❤
ReplyDeleteAnd that right there is what I consider to be the best in humans.
ReplyDeleteI thought of Yael and Lee as well today, and my friends in Lebanon.
ReplyDeleteYour online room sounds wonderful and a “safe space” - usually I hate that phrase but it is becoming more relevant as society seems to get more polarized - the casual racism and homophobia of the 1970s seem to be coming back. Apparently we shouldn’t flaunt our sexuality!
๐ฏ % agree, Ms. Moon. Hugs from Carol in Atlanta
ReplyDelete