Animal Review

Weaver is a vampire

 Bun has been gone for over two months now. 
She’s not coming back.
😔
Weaver only comes alive and friendly as darkness and silence takes over the cottage .
Only then does she playfully sits on my hip, or my catheter leg bag ( which is warm) or comes for a brief cuddle , eventually coming to rest in the arch of one of my feet. 
Daytime she sleeps upstairs, usually in a pile of untidy clothes , or on the orange cushion in the window seat of my bedroom.
No living animal ever sees her in the daylight. 

Mary continues to fade, rather like Lilian Gish did in Robert Altman’s The Wedding. She’s eating well, but does little more, but I was touched when she jumped up at the sky lesbian technician the other day, demanding a cuddle and marvellously getting one. 
Tonight she is asleep in my knee, coughing gently with pulmonary oedema. 

Roger remains the joy of my household 
He’s the new star of my daily gay man’s stream, with multi cultural screams of ooooooohhhhh and arrrhhhh from gay bears from around the world 
As I type this , he’s stalking a rather large household spider which has entered the kitchen through the broken cat flap , but is too frightened to actually pounce. 
He keeps my morale up with his gentle good humour 

Roger and his favourite plant pot





48 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33 pm

    Have you put up flyers looking for Bun. Someone must know something. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope Bun has been adopted by a loving family. Perhaps in the next village? Someone would let you know if it was in your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you John as the pet landscape changes around you. A bit of a blessing with Roger - I do love that he has a "favourite" pot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that Mary is still with you and that Roger is the comedian with his favorite pot.
    It's interesting that Weaver is active at night and seems to have become nocturnal.
    Hope Bun is safe in a good household but do hope there are flyers around the area so someone will bring her home to you.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope, wherever Bun is, she is well looked after and loved. Weaver has always had something of the night about her, but glad she will come to you for some comfort. Dear Mary, a graceful old lady, and as for Roger, who couldn't love his sweet innocent charm? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So MANY of us miss your dear little Bun, - certainly not quite as acutely as you must do, but even so it still hurts.

      Delete
    2. Raymondo she was the tougher of the two

      Delete
  6. What would we do without them? We are now officially petless, but next door's cat has taken to coming into the garden to demand cuddles. We are grateful to him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet (and spicy) family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is pretty amazing how interwoven the lives of our pets and ourselves become. It can be such a comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear everyone is living their best life as circumstances allow. I hope Bun is too -- I want to believe she found a new family who adopted her and shower her with love and cat treats. Why not? It could be true. And OF COURSE Weaver sits on your catheter leg bag because it is warm. Cats . . . that's why we love them so!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. She’s happy , I like to think, shacked up with some homosexual type in Yorkshire

      Delete
  11. All part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh our animals and the things they do for us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:54 am

    oh...I always thought Weaver was the one who would flee.... but sweet Bun? But...you do have *Lillian Gish* Mary......and funny Roger....you are (as are they) in good, loving hands
    Susan M/ Calif.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was disappointed it was bun who left, but if I was truthful she had more skills to go it alone

      Delete
  14. I'm wanting to believe Bun has fond a home that needs her, and where she's cared for. Dear Mary, she's winding down the way animals do, and trusting yo to love and care for her, while Roger is being the teenager in the house. We knew a dog that carried a flower pot around in his mouth, looking like he was wearing a muzzle, and he'd get all goofy if you told him he looked stupid. Animals, they give us so much pleasure, don't they. I'm glad you're having some slow, quiet days John. They're therapeutic, aren't they. XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our animals know how to keep us amused. Never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I’ve always said they’ll be the death of me

      Delete
  16. I had a Whippet who used to collect stones on her walks, and we had a Misty Mountain by the front door.

    Sorry that your cats have decided that your house is only big enough for one of them. I am down to three now - the least I have had since I was a child. They are my support system. Roger sounds like a crane fly is more his prey animal . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s been chasing one particular fly today , it’s amused me greatly

      Delete
  17. Anonymous9:14 am

    How weird weaver was never affectionate before, and now she is, unless, of course, that is really bun. You could have just renamed her, as the other missing one was named after a friend, Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that hen bun was around there as no space for weaver , even though it may of suited her originally

      Delete
  18. I like to check back on previous posts whenever there is a blog saga. Pointless in this case as your inability to tell them apart other than on close inspection makes you an unreliable narrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that is a bit harsh. Have you ever had two identical female black cats?

      Delete
    2. My neighbour has 3 black cats and now the 2 kitties are bigger, I struggle to tell them all apart. So it's not just John who struggles to identify very similar cats.

      Delete
    3. Sue, not being harsh about Mr GG, just can't rely on his previous posts for the backstory because of the underlying potential confusion.

      Delete
    4. True if not somewhat harsh
      I’ve decided that Bun left because it was she that spent most time outside. Weaver loved her silent days upstairs and still has that trait. Weaver is friendly only in the dark something Bun wasn’t….hence my somewhat scrappy assessment of who is who

      Delete
  19. Your Bun and Weaver saga is so very similar to my Toby and Tess tale. They were identical feral kittens that I eventually tamed, but suddenly after a year of being really close Toby started picking on his sister. She literally left home. It turned out she had been visiting an elderly lady further along our terraced row and decided that this was a much better place to live. We, the humans that is, had a chat and the arrangement became permanent. 🐈‍⬛❤️🐈‍⬛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve not found out where she went, i like to think she left wales and now lives in Sheffield South Yorkshire

      Delete
  20. Your pets have brought you much joy and some heartache over the years, John. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And drama , Ellen, let’s not forget drama

      Delete
  21. It's funny that Roger has a "favorite plant pot." Odd about Bun's disappearance. I imagine she found another home away from the dominating glare of Weaver! I'm sorry that Mary is on the wane. That can be a hard thing to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’ve been there, you just keep swimming

      Delete
  22. I can associate with Roger, I have some personal problems too and my Frenchie cross is my grounding, he keeps me going and walking. I've been with older dogs so many times and in their own way give love and comfort and we in turn return this when the time is right. My dogs have always given so much to me and I'm glad to hear your pets do too.x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous8:14 pm

    There is something so noble and deeply joyous about being owned by an old dog. Even when they are no longer physically with you, they remain entwined with the story of your life x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:40 pm

      Nicely put

      Keith

      Xx

      Delete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes