I’m enjoying Celebrity Traitors but non but the murdered Bella Ramsey ( and perhaps the desperate Hannah Fry) have understood the phenomenon of herd mentality. The rest , over a dozen fairly bright celebs, are getting swayed by names thrown up as if everyone is an extra at the Salam witch Trials .
The one thing I’m proud of myself for, is that I’m not swayed by the mob.
I realised this early on , in life.
I don’t bounce along with an hysterical concert audience
I don’t scream chants at football games ( yes I HAVE been to one)
And I don’t panic in a crisis.
And most importantly I understand the importance of standing back and reading the room
Miranda Hart is my bet to be the saviour of the faithfuls

I never watch these kindsof programs but just absolutely adore Miranda
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, John. I don't fret or panic easily but don't care for movies (or books) that scare the socks off of folks!
ReplyDeleteAs far as I know, I've not seen Miranda Hart at all. Will look her up!
Hugs!
I have no desire to watch Traitors. As for the herd mentality, been there, done that in my youth, but didn't enjoy it so now prefer to do what I enjoy, not what others think I should! xx
ReplyDeleteI am the same. Whenever I heard anyone say, "This is what we should do," or "Everybody's doing it," I instantly turn the other way.
ReplyDeleteI like to think for myself.
Tell me, is Richard E Grant still in. We don't get the show but I read British news sites and they were on and on about what he was up to. I'm a room reader and so is my daughter, that makes her a terrific football goalie because she can "read the game". My sister characterized her baby grandchild as solemn, I predict she is another one of us with the room reader gene.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAlthough I watch Traitors avidly, so far I'm not drawn in as much as I was with last year's first Celebrities where practically every episode gripped me. I agree on Miranda - but my other main watchable has just bitten the dust with a banishment. I've got no stand-out favourites now, especially since my initial fave, Amol, got killed off so early, being the very first to go,. But will continue watching.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree, it is very important in life to see things from your own point of view. So many people these days follow some ideal that they haven't bothered to think about fully. Just look at all those children in France.
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying Traitors. It was a shame to see Bella go as I really liked her but she was too smart. I think Hannah will be banished next also one I like but to much heat on her now. I agree Miranda is one to watch as she is also smart.
ReplyDeleteMarch to the beat of your personal drummer.
ReplyDeleteMy 80 year old mother just loves this show. We don't get this version in Canada
ReplyDeleteI do panic in some crises. I tend to yell and I am not proud of it.
ReplyDelete