The Other Side Of Murder


I’m not a lover of farce, even dark humoured farce but the production of  The Other Side Of Murder staring the moustached comic Rufus Hound was lightish fayre even for a late summer production in Theatr Clwyd . Nice to see Susie Blake ( in her late 70s) stealing the show with her Madam Arcarti type performance. 

Susie Blake’s most famous creation as the snobby continuity announcer in
Victoria Wood’s As Seen On Tv


23 comments:

  1. Sometimes a bit of light relief is just what's needed. There's enough heavy stuff going on in the world without paying good money to watch even more! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going to the theatre with my twin sister , we analyse everything on the way home

      Delete
  2. Oh John, drink life to the lees! Enjoy your vacation full of artistic features! Hugs and kisses, my Lovely Friend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:32 pm

    I don’t understand everything she says, but she’s got attitude

    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to explain over a martini

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:51 pm

      🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

      Delete
    3. You should organize a martini Zoom call, at least one person in Wales knows how to make a martini.

      Delete
  4. I’m going in search of more clips of the snobby continuity announcer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that announcer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Traveller11:55 am

    Wasn’t in the country during Victoria Wood’s programmes and her work never crossed the pond, unlike some Brit comedy.

    She reminds me of someone…very funny.

    Will comment on the book, once I have read it and when you do a post on your book club.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:51 pm

    Hey John, your bio says John Gray RMN, RN, BA Hons. I'm guessing RN is British registered nurse but what does BA, RMN and Hons mean? Is this the counseling? Jacqui MT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally completed my film degree ( started in 2003 ) RMN means I’m a registered psychiatric nurse
      I have not added my counselling qualification

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:26 pm

      Gotcha. 2003! We don't use the term "hons" in MT so I'm not sure I'm following, is there something you have to do to make a bachelor an "hons" degree or is it just how the degree is awarded? Jacqui MT

      Delete
  8. Anonymous3:24 pm

    My comment seems to have disappeared rather than being published. Odd!
    Am glad you were there to laugh and laugh to do your heart and soul good!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that comment was from me. :-)

      Delete
    2. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™❤️🌈

      Delete
  9. Not a fan of farce either, but here we sre...the biggest farce ever playing our in the white house.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes