I like working with Lyn
She's a support worker with a big heart and an enquiring mind
Like myself she is in her 60s and single
And like me she's an empath.
A few years ago we shared a moment at work which will bond us forever.
A relative who lived in another country rang to say goodbye to their sibling, who was unconscious.
It was a terribly busy shift but the both of us took some time holding the phone to our patient's ear,
hoping against hope that they could hear the messages and the murmurings of affection and
love only siblings can share.
Lyn and I looked at each other during that long phone call
Both knowing what the other was thinking
It was a privileged moment neither of us would forget.
I was busy with a patient last night
It was a complex problem
And Lyn was there in the background as always
Halfway through the shift she made me a sandwich and a cup of tea and set it down next
To me as I worked
Its nice to be looked after
Sometimes its lovely

It's good to have someone who "gets" you. Lyn is one of the good guys! That was a special moment for you to share. xx
ReplyDeleteTwo like minded souls, nice to share that very special moment. Doesn't a cup of tea and a sandwich feel so special when they are made for you just when you need them most.
ReplyDelete