An Afternoon Client

 

Instead of my client’s face, I was gazing at a very large white Alsatian on the computer monitor.
The dog pricked up his ears when I said hello 
And I head a faraway shriek somewhere else in the house.
The dog jumped down, presumably following the yell
“ leave it alone ! Leave it alone” I heard my client cry
And there was much shuffling and banging followed by a sharp bark.
More banging
“hello HELLO! I shouted this time
“John! John! Give me a minute! “ came the muffled reply
More bangs and more bashing

It all felt somewhat surreal 
I took a sip of coffee
And a minute or so later my client sat down, gasping, her hair in disarray 

 Ziggy brought in an injured starling” she explained “ and I had to capture it in a spare pair of knickers”


Hey ho

58 comments:

  1. Oh, John! What a wonderful story (another one for your book) and it just goes to show it's always good to have a spare pair on knickers for when they're urgently needed! LOL!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well THAT was an interesting way to start a session! Did you use your nursing skills on the starling? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:51 pm

    She sounds like a kindred spirit!
    Bonnie in Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you and your client are well suited! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just gave me a good laugh. Thank you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yorkshire Liz6:24 pm

    There's no answer to that - apart from an undignified snort when trying to be professional and not laugh.
    Ziggy deserves a medal for his entertainment value. And another thing to add to the What To Do With A Pair Of Knickers (Other Than Wear Them) list. Which I am sure is so lengthy you have just turned over another page on the list......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howling with laughter, most grateful to all concerned. Jxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The following session was animated but not therapeutic

      Delete
  9. Anonymous6:51 pm

    🍸back on track

    Leex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep. You are definitely the right counselor for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hilarious. But why do you suppose she had to go in search of a spare pair of knickers to catch it in? I think a towel would have done the trick. (titter)

    ReplyDelete

  12. Very Monty Python-ish, John. Hope you're well, I'm ok, enjoying the Seattle rain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad she was able to save the starling! That certainly perked up your day (and ours)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, the old starling in the knickers tale. Why if I had a nickel for every time ......

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have heard of peacocks and cock sparrows in a lady's knickers but never starlings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol. She sounds like your alter ego!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:12 am

    probably one of the more *Interesting* client encounters you will have! How fun! So perfect all around.......
    Susan M/ Calif

    ReplyDelete
  18. You share an animal chaos common thread with this client.
    Seems a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous12:37 am

    Shades of Covid Zoom meetings. It's a humdrum day and then you get a zinger! I could picture it as I was reading. Glad the birdie was OK and things settled. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous7:15 am

    The cruelty and hilarity of life!
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do love the way you tell a story - you really should write fiction when you properly retire. Captures the image of the moment

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous7:48 am

    Yes, I know her from the dog! The dog is highly strung to say the very least. I will mention you to her when I next see her. She HAS had a few problems in her life. How funny it is that we both know her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both don’t know her the dog wasn’t the breed I said

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:29 am

      Haha anon was caught out big style …you fool

      Delete
  23. À bit of a change from a cat on the keyboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous9:26 am

    Client confidentiality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not applicable not broken

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:13 pm

      I wondered about confidentiality too but figured John changed fdog breed and name Lizzy d

      Delete
    3. Traveller2:07 pm

      Of all the comments, I did not expect one on client confidentiality….anyone who has read Johns blog and has half a functioning brain cell, would know he understands that. He was a Samaritan FFS.

      Delete
  25. Spam a lot Punam

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like a typical day in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  27. More stories for John...lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous2:07 pm

    Sexy ladies knickers tied in a knot make for a great dog toy. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is one of the best Zoom stories I’ve read in ages.
    That is an adorable dog!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  30. It sounds as though your client's life is very similar to your own. You should get on very well.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous9:33 pm

    Ha ha ! Humans are just wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'd love to have a Zoom w a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous2:44 am

    All I can say is OMG! It could only happen to you. So many stories you can tell whenever you decide to write a book. :) Galestorm

    ReplyDelete
  34. Are you okay?

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes