An Afternoon Client

 

Instead of my client’s face, I was gazing at a very large white Alsatian on the computer monitor.
The dog pricked up his ears when I said hello 
And I head a faraway shriek somewhere else in the house.
The dog jumped down, presumably following the yell
“ leave it alone ! Leave it alone” I heard my client cry
And there was much shuffling and banging followed by a sharp bark.
More banging
“hello HELLO! I shouted this time
“John! John! Give me a minute! “ came the muffled reply
More bangs and more bashing

It all felt somewhat surreal 
I took a sip of coffee
And a minute or so later my client sat down, gasping, her hair in disarray 

 Ziggy brought in an injured starling” she explained “ and I had to capture it in a spare pair of knickers”


Hey ho

7 comments:

  1. Oh, John! What a wonderful story (another one for your book) and it just goes to show it's always good to have a spare pair on knickers for when they're urgently needed! LOL!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well THAT was an interesting way to start a session! Did you use your nursing skills on the starling? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:51 pm

    She sounds like a kindred spirit!
    Bonnie in Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you and your client are well suited! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking just that 😁

      Delete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes