The loss of a wonderful actress and a great lady, at the heart of a remarkable family. Wife of the late Eric Thompson, responsible for the English version of iconic children's TV show The Magic Roundabout, mother of Oscar winner Emma Thompson and musical theatre (and Detectorists!) Star Sophie, mother in law of Greg Wise. A sad loss of a unique character, but at a great age. All sympathy to family, friends and fans.
“Yes, Phyllida Law was widely considered a very warm and kind person, with her long-time manager remembering her as "a beautiful person inside and out."variety
She had a long life and died with her family. What more can we ask for? She was a beautiful woman and I can see now why her daughters are so beautiful and talented.
Oh, I hadn't heard about her death. So sad, such a charming and talented lady. RIP Phyllida. xx
ReplyDeleteCharmingly eccentric
DeleteThe loss of a wonderful actress and a great lady, at the heart of a remarkable family. Wife of the late Eric Thompson, responsible for the English version of iconic children's TV show The Magic Roundabout, mother of Oscar winner Emma Thompson and musical theatre (and Detectorists!) Star Sophie, mother in law of Greg Wise.
ReplyDeleteA sad loss of a unique character, but at a great age. All sympathy to family, friends and fans.
Nicely written liz
DeleteBless her indeed. RiP
ReplyDeleteX❤️🙏🤪
DeleteI always loved her hair. It was voluptuous and always beautifully coiffed. She was, OF COURSE, a wonderful actress as well.
ReplyDeleteYou have fine hair yourself
DeleteI loved everything about her. A genius! And I love seeing Sandi Toksvig lose it in this hilarious video.
ReplyDeleteYes I loved her reaction
DeleteI hadn't heard. How sad. My thoughts are with Emma and Sophie.
ReplyDeleteTwo other beautiful actors
Deleteloved her acting, and she wrote three lovely books full of warmth - last one was called 'Dead now of course'. A sad loss
ReplyDeleteI’ve just bought the book on your recommendation thank you
DeleteIt's a lovely book, and I heartily recommend her other two books
DeleteNorthriding, not anonymous
DeleteShe looks so beautiful! May she rests in peace!
ReplyDeleteAmen
DeleteOh, I recognize her. She had a good long life. RIP
ReplyDeleteThat hair
DeleteShe was sharp. That is sad to learn.
ReplyDelete“Yes, Phyllida Law was widely considered a very warm and kind person, with her long-time manager remembering her as "a beautiful person inside and out."variety
DeleteRIP And thank you.
ReplyDeleteI Suspect Christmas was a lark at her house
DeleteMet her a couple of times and she was, of course, adorable! Bel Ami
ReplyDeleteDid you, I’d love to hear more, I will ring you tomorrow
DeleteShe had a long life and died with her family. What more can we ask for? She was a beautiful woman and I can see now why her daughters are so beautiful and talented.
ReplyDeleteShe was loved
DeleteWhat a wonderful actress and delightful person and am so sorry to hear she died.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
❤️🙏
DeleteAmazing lady, excellent actress and so beautiful RIP. Jan in Castle Gresley
ReplyDeleteThe above video is the most joyous thing I think I’ve every seen , I cry with laughter every time I see it
DeleteThe woman on the other team was hysterical
DeleteLee
See mitchel’s comment above Lee
DeleteWhat a gorgeous lady.
ReplyDeleteI love her and read some of her books about her life. Brave, beautiful and so likeable. A wonderful person.
ReplyDelete