Wednesday

 I didn’t much feel like counselling today, but I pulled up my socks and got one with things. I’ve seen three clients ,I’m glad, I always carry out a “ chemistry “ test on the first session with a get out clause for both of us, if the fit doesn’t feel quite right. 

You can’t fanny arse around with only seven sessions to play with

I bought pork mince on the way home and made spicy pork patties for supper, as I chatted to my old friend Nigel on video. Tomorrow I’m off out with my friend Ruth and Friday my sister and I are off the see Nell Gwynne at the outdoor theatre in Chester on Friday.

I need to use my holiday time well


I want to do something wholesome and just for myself at this time. I need to regroup and recharge.
I need it 
I’ve just bought two books Dead Now of Course by Phyllida Law and Grief is a thing with feathers by max Porter.
Porter’s book was suggested by a counselling client , who is grieving, I think it’s going to be useful professionally .

I will leave you with the art instillation at theatre Clwyd , the cardboard box city…quite lovely





 

30 comments:

  1. Glad you going to spend your time with friends and art! Use your holiday as much as you can. I really recommend you a fantastic book about grief which is called „The year of magical thinking” by Joan Didion. I felt her loss, her grief with her and I felt relief when she accepted the death of her husband. Beautiful book My Friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look it up on your recommendation dom

      Delete
    2. :) Also the "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl is absolutely amazing. It's really heavy, as the main topic is about the life in Concentration Camp but the main message and his introduction to logotherapy are uplifting.

      Delete
  2. You're using the time well, indeed. I love the art installation. Such creativity. If I made it, it would just look like, well, cardboard boxes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you open the windows and doors and look in the alleys, the music accompanying the city tour changes appropriately

      Delete
  3. Barbara Anne12:12 am

    Am glad you met with 3 clients today and have wonderful plans for the coming 2 days. Enjoy! That box city is amazing and its creators deserve kudos!
    Hope our library has "Dead Now of Course".

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just reading the synopsis makes me think it’s hilarious

      Delete
  4. The cardboard box city is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your interest in architecture I thought you make enjoy it

      Delete
  5. John, I am wondering where you see clients? Do you have an office very near? I dont't think it is as far a drive as the Hospice? Am glad you are having some good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:57 am

      Yes, I wondered the same thing about the counseling commute!

      Ceci

      Delete
    2. I don’t pay for my office, it’s part of the charity perks. The office is also 13 miles from Trelawnyd and I get mileage expenses too

      Delete
  6. Who and How? that's what I need to know about that box city.
    Have a good holiday break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link
      https://www.theatrclwyd.com/event/the-playce

      Delete
  7. Sounds like some nice days coming up. The cardboard city is pure fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.theatrclwyd.com/event/the-playce

      Delete
  8. Northriding8:55 am

    I think that Grief is a thing with Feathers was made into a film, though haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My client found it useful , so I willread its message

      Delete
  9. A friend of mine used to say to new clients at the first meeting, "never kiss on the first date, think about it, and if it was good for you I will see you next week at the same time, if not let me know so I can free up the time for another." It worked for her and her style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have to take care of yourself first or you might not be of use to anyone else.
    It's like on a plane, when the air masks drop from the ceiling, they tell you to put on yours first and then you can help those around you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cardboard box city must have taken a lot of work -- cutting, fitting, gluing together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d love to make one, some rooms even had paintings on the walls

      Delete
  12. I hope the counseling profession works out for you John... It just seems the perfect fit for you... Although it must be so difficult to hold down both jobs and i don't envy you.. I wish you could find enough clients to have the counseling support you.. I always admire they way you keep up with your friends and family and you know 'make the effort'... I hope you find something on your vacation to 'boost you up' emotionally and physically... you deserve it.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, some friends have let me down , but I’m managing my expectations about them

      Delete
  13. Anonymous4:30 pm

    Grief made me feel like a bird without wings. Gigi

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes