Vienetta

 

A long day today and a busy one. 
My feet were a bit swollen and tired after work, 
My head full of thoughts and noise and sadness

So I bought a Vienetta on the way home.
It was way past 9pm when I got back to Trelawnyd and it had slightly melted

They are smaller than they were in 1982!
And disappointedly bland when I ate it silently in the garden 
Still wearing my uniform 

24 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:14 pm

    Number four 🍸
    What the fuck is that ?

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:41 pm

    Now I need to look this lovely treat up! Sorry you had such a rough shift - hopefully the terrier team can comfort you a bit.

    Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:01 pm

    Mmmmm not seen these in years, the mint one was yummy. Hope it helped restore your state of mind after what seems to have been a stressful day, sleep well. Jan in Castle Gresley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:05 pm

    When I was young that was posh ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never go food shopping when tired and hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks scrumptious and hope you sat in your garden with your feet up on another chair. Be gentle with yourself after your busy day, accomplish nothing, let it all go, and sleep well.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't thought about these in yonks. Brings back delightful memories. Rest well, John dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next time you can buy at least two. Or a dozen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we keep mini ice creams on sticks in our deepfreeze for occasions like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, having bought one recently to share with a friend after our lunch...they are not the same...bland, as you say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yorkshire Liz5:02 am

    How disappointing when a treat from the past is best left in the past! Try the mint choc one. Or, as suggested above, the mini ice creams, preferably on a stick. Sorry you have had a rough shift. Try giving your feet an old fashioned mustard bath - and shake off the day. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They used to be so special..a bit of a let down in that way but still a treat after a long hot day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Athene6:09 am

    Definitely not the same. treat that they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I seem to remember they always had a strange taste and texture. Not really ice cream, more just cold, synthetic cream!
    Keep a tub of real ice cream in the freezer for emergencies such as this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it when something that you haven't thought of for years crops up twice in less than 24 hours. I used to love Vienettas and so did my boys. It was on a TV programme that I watched last night all about 1980s foods. I wish I could still eat them ... even if it did taste a bit bland. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a great treat even if slightly disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wonder if your tastes have expanded and refined. Or maybe it just wasn’t that good. Anyway, I hope it still gave you some pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wonder if your tastes have expanded and refined. Or maybe it just wasn’t that good. Anyway, I hope it still gave you some pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some things are not the same as we remember them being. Rest well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did it feel as though you were in Vienna?

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks good, there's that ....

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wonder if i'd have the same feeling about an Entermann's coffee cake ... back then they were THE coffee cake in the NorthEast US..... Yours looks good even if it doesn't taste good.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there is a blast from the past. I have not had one in years.

      Delete
  23. Hope you can have a relaxing day today.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes