Tv



 I have only a few favourite tv programmes 
Reruns of the zombie apocalypse The Walking Dead. ( of course)
The boffin quiz Only Connect 
The silly and playful Taskmaster
And now on Monday nights reruns of CALL MY BLUFF,  plucked from around 1974 
Bluff was glorious. Not much playing around , but with enough humour to tickle, we had Frank Muir and Patrick Campbell playing a parlour game about the correct definition of words.Muir was a famous comedy writer and Campbell a journalist and The 3rd Baron Genavy and both played the programme for gentle laughs. I loved it when I watched with my mother when I was 10 and I love it now over 50 years later. Tonight we had the sailor Robin Knox Johnson taking part, a  real hottie


Mortimer and Lighthouse go fishing is another sweet watch 
This is another simple premise where the two old friends ( and stand up comics) chat over time spent fishing in a river . It’s a lovely piece of tv where real affection between two funny men surface constantly 


Oh and Gogglebox

9 comments:

  1. Love Mortimer and Whitehouse and Gogglebox. M&W are so lovely together and they go to some beautiful countryside and stay in some lovely places. Such a lovely, gentle programme. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo in Auckland7:13 am

    I've only caught Mortimer and Whitehouse once or twice on some obscure channel... isn't one of those lovely men recovering or suffering from cancer or some such ugly illness and this programme is a swan song... I am not sure where I got that information from though so I could be completely wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being competitive I used to watch Call My Bluff with a dictionary to see if I could find the correct word before they did!
    Taskmaster is brilliant - how do they - mainly Alex Horne - come up with all the ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to watch Call my Bluff with my Nana, who lived upstairs from us. I also used to go up to hers every Monday night to watch Opportunity Knocks or Take Your Pick and then we would sit and get none of the answers on University Challenge together.
    Now like you I love Only Connect, I had a dire week this week but a brilliant one last week. Gogglebox and First Dates are also must sees ... and The Great British Bake Off is back this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Traveller7:53 am

    I loved Call My Bluff. I remember Graham Hill saying “male volent” instead of malevolent.

    Have been out of the Uk for a couple of weeks so now have lots on catch up to watch. We only have Amazon Prime as an add on and find there is always something good to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Call my Bluff...was it one of the programmes that moved over from radio?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracy8:20 am

    I also loved Call My Bluff as a child and watching it again has been a delight - good humoured, witty, silly and endlessly entertaining. You weren't the only one taken with Robin Knox Johnson last night. As you say, a real hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Call My Bluff was too high brow for us. My family didn't 'do' BBC2. BBC1 was only used for the sports programmes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul Lighthouse is often beamed into our homes. His comedy is illuminating.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes