Bake Off

 


Some years had Bake Off breaking its neck to be as inclusive to every Tom, dick and Harriet and so this year feels a little different. Ok with a few cultural differences, such as a Dutch gay man who has the oddest English accent since Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins and a powerfully built Valkyrie from the Czech Republic who looks as though she could hold her own in a pub fight, we have a gaggle of cheerful Gays, a sweet Asian schoolgirl , a comical cockney lad and a couple of ordinary looking lasses from Wales and Lancashire. 
The thing that remains wholesome about Bake Off are the contestants,who are generally shown to be pretty nice people. That’s the strength of the entire programme. Of course the Welsh woman had to have a chicken called Fanny around which she designed her first showstopper , freeing Alison Hammond to call out gleefully How Does Fanny Taste ? One of a whole plethora of double entendres we will be subjected to,no doubt this year.


Ps….I spoke to Weaver’s son today at his request, and was happy to help with some practical issues. She remains with us , but is incredibly frail, as you would expect. 
I will keep you posted. 



10 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:24 pm

    I am so pleased to read that Weaver's son is in contact with you. Thank you for keeping us informed. I think of her so often. - Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:25 pm

    I enjoy Bake Off immensely, for me it's one of those feel good shows that make the inexorable slide down to colder , shorter days bearable.
    I won't be the only one who'll be glad to know that Weaver's son felt able to reach out to you at this time.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update on Weaver. I hope she is able to slip away peacefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bake Off seemed to lose its way for a few years but last year seemed back on track. I am looking g forward to seeing it on Netflix on Friday.
    Peace goes out to Weaver and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to watching this new Bake Off season in a year's time when it will be shown on Canadian TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourites so far are Illiyin, Mike and Sumayah (that duck was fantastic). I get the feeling Mike is either related to, or a fan of, Stephen Fry (his top book/cake was called Mythos - a book by SF).
    Thank you for the Weaver up date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear that there is a new season of Bake Off and I hope it is showing here in the US.
    I think of Weaver often. I'm glad that Dominic is in touch with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that Pat's son got in touch with you, I was hoping he would. Thank you for update. I think about her often

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bake off has not lost any of it's shine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the update on Weaver. I hope her son knows how many people out here in blogland have admired and been inspired by her wise words.
    How are you feeling now? Back to full health, I hope. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes