Felipe

 The car goes in to the garage for a couple of days, so I’m marooned.
Before this happened, I shopped, ran errands and met my sister in law for lunch.
It was raining and humid when I got home and I found myself reading an article on King Juan Carlos and
Queen Sophia of Spain.
He was a bit of a dog to her by all accounts, 
I got enthralled in the Spanish Royal family and forgot to blog 
Silly me. 

I like Felipe, he is also an arguably more progressive monarch than Queen Elizabeth or King Charles In 2015, Felipe became the first monarch to appear on the cover of gay magazine, Ragap. The cover photo was in connection with a profile the magazine ran on King Felipe's progressiveness with regards to "homosexual, bisexual, and transsexual topics." That is not the first or only progressive move King Felipe has made in this area, though. He was the first Spanish head of state to meet with LGBT groups — and he did so during his very first week in office. 

Bloody lovely

I remember that I never mentioned the death of Donald Sutherland an interesting actor who became a firm favourite after shining in the likes of Dont Look Now, Mash, Klute and Ordinary People. 
As an old man, his best performance was in this scene as Mr Bennett in Pride and Prejudice. Underplaying Knightly and winning the scene


A few examples of what I binged on Netflix 




23 comments:

  1. I remember him as a young boy, appearing all over the Spanish media with his family back then when we lived in Tenerife. They were an attractive family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he's damned good looking:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet he has a lively chihuahua. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now strange as it would seem that made me laugh

      Delete
  4. Yes, I like King Felipe as far as kings go. Thanks to Juan Carlos I think Spain came out of the Franco years successfully. Too bad what he turned out to be after all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do the Spaniards think of him

      Delete
    2. King Felipe? He’s overall very popular. About 60% of Spaniards still fully support the constitutional monarchy. Apparently, his daughter Princess Leonora is even more popular.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4:55 pm

    He’s a looker that’s for sure

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite Donald Sutherland Movie is "Eye of the Needle". He shone as one of the best "bad guys" in the movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And his worse the alien with the perm
      The body snatchers

      Delete
  7. I'd let Felipe get doggy with me x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara anne5:27 pm

    Am glad you got your errands run and that the village and sea are within walking distance while you're marooned. No doubt someone will give you a ride should the need arise.

    Ah, Donald Sutherland. Always a favorite in this household. He will be missed.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His sweet Oscar win
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLKZsAeNgW4

      Delete
  9. Oh, that scene from Pride and Prejudice was wonderful! Sutherland was one of my favorite actors after I saw him many years ago in "M.A.S.H." and I recently just watched it again with great pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too….this time with hindsight I understood it more. Donald was luminous in pride and prejudice

      Delete
  10. I hope Felipe doesn't have his fingers in the till like his father and sister. Poor Sophia, her daughter in law isn't all that patient with her either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nazgul William4:59 am

    GREAT TESTIMONY HOW I GOT MY LOAN I have a very important message to share with everyone that is in need of a loan from a genuine lender. I'm happy to share this note with everyone after what my wife and I went through in the hands of some pathetic hoodlums claiming to offer some sort of loans. It's very difficult to get a genuine lender and thanks to Best Loan lender who helped me with the loan, contact them if you are in need of a loan and come back to thank me later. I promise you they will not disappoint you. contact Email: - (pedroloanss@gmail.com WhatsApp +393510140339) Thanks.
    Nazgul William....

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes