Nigel Returns

 
Nige’s last visit

Nigel “ I ‘ll be arriving on Friday afternoon , can you pick me up from Chester? “ 
Me “ Of Course , just let me know when…I’m looking forward to you coming it’s been over six years since your last visit !”
Nigel “ I know “
Me “ I’ll make sure everything is clean and tidy for your Visit”
Nigel ( scoffs)  “Have you got a dozen cleaning ladies coming in ? “ 
He knows me so well

My friend Nige is coming to stay on Friday and I’m so glad I have a new kitchen and bathroom
He likes to be in control and has, to be fair, suffered  a few horror visits in the long lost past when my cottage was more “ rustic” for his aseptic needs so to speak 
I promise you can make dinner “ I told him last night on the phone 

It sounds silly but I so want to impress him on his return 


14 comments:

  1. Not silly at all. Six years - what a lot of catching up to do! I'm sure he'll love the changes to the cottage, and the new furry addition! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure both you and your cottage will impress him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he'll be impressed! have a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not silly at all. I would feel just the same and I hope you both have a great time catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time to clean the dog snot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'd better keep him distracted - you know, just in case. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My bedroom needs a dozen cleaners,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not silly at all - and in any case surely you are training Roger to distract visitors from spotting the odd dusty spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your cottage improvements will impress. And your new dog Roger will definitely impress Nigel. He looks very nice in photo as do you, gorgeous in fact. Enjoy your time together xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Avoid sauces and maintain your dignity x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:01 pm

    neil is gorgeous - I could easily spend some time with him!!! rachel from S.C.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:01 pm

    nigel sorry R.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perhaps best not do your foot thingy x 👣

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I can't wait to hear what he thought.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes