Charity Begins At Home

 I’ve been pottering around in the kitchen all day.
Nothing stressful , just all rather mindful 
Dinner is more or less ready. Just candles to put on the cake.
It was my sister in law’s birthday yesterday.

From the kitchen window, I could see Islwyn beavering away by the Church , so I took the dogs up the lane for a walk to see what he was up to. 
He had cleared the Church path of weeds and moss and had uncovered many of the old gravestones that had been lain flat in the 1980s. 
The covid snake stones, he had collected up neatly to be rearranged again, whilst another villager Mr Morgan finished varnishing the lytchgate. Mr Morgan Islwyn told me had financed the work himself.
I asked Islwyn why he working on the graveyard after the Church had been closed but I already sort of knew what his answer would be. 
“ I was a bad man my youth” Islwyn chucked “Now I’m earning myself some brownie points” 




Bunches of cyclamen planted by the Church gate by one of the members of the community association .

I haven’t got much else to do ( hence the blog entry) just wine glasses to polish, pudding to make.
Shit I’ve missed out an ingredient for the main course…time to sort it out

16 comments:

  1. but now I believe Iswlyn maybe the salt of the earth x πŸŽ‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely that community members continue to tend the church even though it's no longer in use. Hope the meal and the company is thoroughly enjoyable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara Anne4:39 pm

    It's wonderful that Iswlyn an, Mr. Morris, and the person who planted the cyclamen arre fatihful still.
    Hope dinner will be delicious and lots of fun. Good you had time to mix in that missing ingredient! Where will you seat everyone?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly civic-minded people are still proud of their church even though it's closed. That's nice to see in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Atonement. I do it too. Hey, what are covid snakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During covid the local children , ( and adults) painted stones of “ hope” with motifs and pictures and lined them up from the church gate

      Delete
  6. Have a great evening x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a wonderful evening as I am sure you will and everything will be just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sense of community in your village is strong. Where do people go to church now that your church is closed? Enjoy your dinner gathering and happy B-day to the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like this about the church and it's people. Another side to life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all looking very neat and tidy. The community pride you all have is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shit in your main course? That doesn't sound very nice - especially as it's your family coming round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On no - I wouldn't fancy that x 🍑

      Delete
  12. The churchyard looks very well looked after, ours needs mowing and is a bit scruffy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yorkshire Liz9:18 am

    If you are down to polishing wine glasses, you can't have many jobs left! Folding napkins? Ironing dog bandanas? Have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:16 am

    you need to take that extra step in sharing what you have read and tell people μΉ΄μ§€λ…Έμ‚¬μ΄νŠΈ
    why they too should read what you have gotten from that post.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes