When You Believe…let’s move on


Let’s move on 

I’m a sucker for a big finish ….
Ohhh err missus 
Mave and flis say nothing 

This song  is the best thing from the rather dire musical Prince Of Egypt 
The girl singing in Hebrew is delightful 

I’d love to sing it in choir ….
It would give us shivers 
I play it loud in the kitchen often , especially when next door’s Charlie is yapping

I’ve had to cancel choir for tomorrow night 😥 …I have to re swab on Thursday 

Today  was an odd day because I spent most of it at home. 
I’ve not spent much time alongside CBM but he has spent his working day working hard and singing hits from the 1980s which I found rather endearing.
I spent the day keeping out of his way.
I cleaned bluebell, cut the lawn, locked myself in my bedroom and cleaned every inch of it, before rearranging the inside of kitchen cabinets.fridge and attic store.
Mrs Trellis stopped and we had a long distanced chat about the church. She has been a lady of letters recently and has been complaining bitterly at its closure. 
She wants to know what the Church is going to do with the historic and village centric items from inside the building, especially the war memorial and the famous I am painting .
She also told me that she had voted for me in the community council elections and was surprised that I wasn’t successful 
I informed her out of the six new entrant nominees three had managed to get onto the council thus balancing it out nicely. It was never our expectation that all six would get in over the old guard.
Mrs Trellis’ eyes went wide
Suddenly understanding the extent of our attempted “coup”
The gang of six has been the centre of much village gossip for a few weeks now
Tee hee.

Oh btw Chic Eleanor ( right) and her sister are in Peru doing a sponsored bike ride for the Alzheimer’s association ….chic by name, chi by nature x




Ps the bathroom looks LOVELY 
It may be finished by Friday 

34 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33 pm

    I'm so happy to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they twins John?(Chic Eleanor and Stylish Sister) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hope you feel soon.
    After your post on Not Kate
    Bush experience, I booked it to see in Bristol as part of hubby's 60th experiences.....he was doubtful but totally loved it.
    We did Paul Merton and impro chums this week...again a good one
    July is War of the World immersion experience.
    I've booked big things and little things so he has a treat a month this year.
    Thank you for giving me ideas
    Karen in deepest Devon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you didn't get elected, but glad the coup was successful. Shake the council up a bit! I had to Google the "I am" painting. It would be a real shame if it was sold and left the village. Lots of photos of the bathroom required when it's finished, pretty please! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I’m going to the papers to publicise the importance of the painting

      Delete
  5. Good to have a chance to focus on one room...mind you, you then went on!! It does feel satisfying though, doesn't it.

    It is good for a council to have a shake up...half new sounds as if there will be progress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fact that the CBM is so proud of his work

      Delete
  6. Anonymous8:19 pm

    Amazing music - tears and chill bumps!
    Sorry you weren't elected to tip the balance a bit. Wishing the new three well.
    I look forward to seeing the new bathroom.
    Take good care of you.

    Hugs - Barbara Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to see your new bathroom. Glad you don't have any symptoms of Covid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I’m a bit rough tonight

      Delete
    2. Done too much perhaps? Take it easy tomorrow, rest and recuperate. A snooze in the sunshine (hopefully there will be some) with a dog or two for company. Sleep well and wake refreshed. xx

      Delete
  8. John, I've missed daily reading for a few days and have only caught up now - so very sorry you've Covid, as well as having had some negative turmoil on your blog. Just now finished your last little 9:38 pm line, I hope you're in much improved condition sooner rather than later. Sending all the very best wishes from the base of the mini-mountain in Maine. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. veg artist9:12 pm

    TAKE. CARE. There is no predicting how you will fare. Husband had a mild dose, mine was much worse, and I was tired for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all need music that we play at top volume, just because of how it makes us feel. Can't wait to see the redone bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pardon me dear, but I've been missing in action. Is this the church behind you in your side bar picture that closed??? If so I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you and Mrs Treliis well in your endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Traveller9:51 pm

    Looking forward to seeing the new bathroom. Sorry you are feeling rough today, may you wake thinking of scotch eggs and wombats….

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chic Eleanor and her sister are both such pretty ladies!
    We are all anxious to see this new bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't overdo and get some rest! Of course, you know better than me what to do! :)
    Can't wait to see the new bath!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three out of six newbloods is a good result! Too bad one wasn't you but hey, you're a busy enough guy as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending hugs John.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a restful night.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like you are keeping busy with cleaning and organizing at home. Let's hope your next Covid test is negative. Watching the bathroom transform must be very satisfying and a Friday finish date is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Even if you have a mild case of covid I hope you don't overdo as that can make you feel much worse. The music is inspiring, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous2:32 am

    Hope you feel better soon. Take the furrballs and a hot cup of "damn good" (coffee) and park it in the garden. Looking forward to seeing the new bath! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  21. A stirring performance from the two singers. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely performance. Sorry I am late to the party again and sorry you seem to be feeling worse for wear regarding the dreaded Covid. I hope you feel better soon. Fingers crossed for the bathroom completion on Friday.

    Jo in Auckland

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an uplifting song! Would definitely be great for your choir to sing.
    I love the way Eleanor and her sister look on their Peru walk. Lovely ladies.
    Sounds like your body may insist on a restful day today and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. From the sounds of it, you’re not feeling too badly. Good to know. I’m so excited about that bathroom. And I love that photo of Les Soeurs Chics.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I forgot that you'd run for community council. Bravo for stepping up, even if you were not (yet!) victorious. I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes