Milky Peaks


 Ok , big breaths
Imagine this.
In the small faded mountain/seaside Welsh town of Milky Peaks, Dewi ( Seiriol Davies) a hotel clerk comes out during the towns celebrations at being nominated as Best British Town of the year. His staunchly welsh Friend Mam ( Lisa Jên Brown) spends her time at salsa in an effort to forget her husband wants to leave her and faded, vomit stained drag Queen Pariah Carey ( Mathew Blake) dreams of better things  and wants to play the lead in the town’s production of My Fair Lady. 
Add to the mix a shadowy property tycoon ( Tanya Bridgeman) a drama coach with a murky past (Miriam O’Brien) and far right Judge of the competition who wants to set the town up to be  a centre of a new all white facist community(Sophie Winter) 
Are you with me so far? 
Now, picture costumes c/o StartlightExpress and Pricilla Queen of the Desert , frenetic musical numbers from the 1980s songs covering dogging, Welsh Folklore, echos of the Nazis in Cabaret , politics, gay culture, sexual identity, big business, racism, sexism, misogyny, and Britishness .
There is even a talking toilet wall and a Welsh dragon ( drag-on gettit ?) 
Blink and you will miss a pithy joke and an “ important” message….
It’s funny yet exhausting 
Witty but somewhat overwhelming. 
It’s a bit like drinking two litres of Coca-Cola after eating 4 chocolate eclairs
I drove home in silence 



21 comments:

  1. I'm worn out just reading about it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How perfectly put! I knew the feeling you were talking about right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! It sounds fantastic. I hope they bring it to London!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Overwhelming indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara Anne3:12 pm

    From your excellent explanation, it sounds fabulously exhausting. Happy recovering!
    Ta for changing your comment options back to normal.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason I can't get past the notion that the phrase Milky Peaks is truly disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. countrygal4:03 pm

    'I drove home in silence'... I think I would have as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the name Pariah Carey. Funny! I think I would enjoy that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds exhausting - and thoroughly entertaining at the same time! 'Milky Peaks' am assuming may be a play on similar small town tv 'Twin Peaks?' (kept some us riveted in the 90s). The title reminds me of '50s bullet bras.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's got it all going on-I think I'd be all of a whirl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like just what we all knead these days.
    Both of us are laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a blast! 'The Bird Cage' comes to mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the original French version ?

      Delete
    2. No, and to be honest, I didn't even know there was one!

      Delete
  13. Brilliant review as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'd love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that's action packed. You depict a whirlwind for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That does seem overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like that was worth it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes