Kate Bush - And A Night Without Kate



Sometimes a little gem of a show comes along and grabs you by the balls.
A Night Without Kate is one of those shows. Part tribute act, part stand up, and part cabaret it is a tour de force one woman show by actress singer Sarah Louise Young who fell in love with Kate Bush as a school girl and who has never wanted to forget her idol.
Using costume, humour and stage effects Young performs some lovely versions of Bush’s most famous songs and in one memorable moment of pure theatre she asked a older couple in the audience who was “interviewed “ in the warm up to dance together on the stage as she sang Don’t Give Up
It was a beautiful and incredibly moving moment in a warm, engaging and nostalgic show
I loved it.
I’m glad Gorgeous Dave liked it too, although being in his thirties, he was unaware of most of the songs







14 comments:

  1. I loved Kate Bush when I was a teenager too. Her voice was magical. Glad you got to see this tribute to her.

    Jo in Auckland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t quite realise just how important her music was to me

      Delete
  2. Barbara Anne11:44 pm

    Lovely! I'm glad you and gorgeous Dave were there to enjoy the show.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate Bush is good talent. The show sounds excellent made a good evening out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate Bush "This Woman's Work" grips my heart every time I hear it. Lovely artist and so glad Miss Young served her well. Wish I could have been there with you. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:26 am

    SQUEE!!! SO glad you got to see it - Sarah-Louise is my friend and I am so jealous I cannot see this show but I just love it when anyone else I know gets to see it, and I was dying to know what you thought. It's in Bath in July too for Tom xoxo - Maryanne (on a different computer so not logged in)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored it, and told her so as I was leaving. I’ve also praised her on Twitter , I would recommend it to everyone

      Delete
  6. That sounds superb. I don't know of Ms Young, but she sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squee! Back on my own computer. SO excited, lots of coffee today hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a great show. I remember the fuss when Kate Bush first appeared on TV - her Dad was a doctor, and she was a singer! Shock, horror!!!! I still don't understand why that caused controversy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kate Bush - what wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will never forget discovering Kate Bush back the in '80s and thinking how brilliant and unusual she was!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cats knocking over dustbins at 3 in the morning comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes