Being Gay

 

Sometimes it’s nice to have a gay old day.
I got to Liverpool early and bought the outstanding remaining pieces of my dinner service from John Lewis. I couldn’t find the cutlery section , as it had been moved. I told the very camp salesman I was in a hurry and he let the charge to the right shelves with a wave of the arm and a merry “ Tallyho”

I met my friend Colin at The Italian Club just on time and we drooled like schoolboys over the army of bearcub waiters on duty, with their heavily dyed beards and big hairy arms .
When Colin payed the bill, one such waiter gave his hand a cheeky caress which made my friend blush Pinkly and made me laugh like a drain.

We went to the Philharmonic Hall to watch the Liverpool Symphony Orchestra play Beethoven Leonore Overture, Sibelius’ violin Concerto with sololist Maria Dueñas and Prokofiev’s Symphony No 5 .
The music was , as usual top notch , but we both were watching conductor ( the floppy haired Venezuelan Domingo Hindoyan) like predatory hawks 




31 comments:

  1. This is a real THIRST post, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Thirst" is the new internet slang term for "horny" apparently. All the kids say it.

      Delete
    2. Well, you learn something new every day! xx

      Delete
  2. What a gay day! Domingo IS rather dishy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a single picture of waiters on their website…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody needs a gay day every now and then! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bloody right, it was lovely fun

      Delete
  5. A lovely day!..and a really good selection of music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my favourite choice , but an interesting one

      Delete
  6. Two
    Had
    Iconic
    Relaxing
    Sublime
    Time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a grand day out,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah. Nothing wrong at all with a nice day of celebrating one's sexuality, sensuality, and admiration for the male form.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good times! We all need them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was young, gay was a good word and used exactly like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure I'd want my food served by hairy arms and hairy beards...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did hold the plates with their hands

      Delete
  12. Anonymous2:37 am

    Thanks for sharing the blog so well and I hope you have something new for me to study.
    free spins

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda Purl?!?!?!? Good grief. I haven't seen or heard that name in ages!

    She was once married to Desi Arnaz Jr,son of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just what was needed to lighten life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All these years I have known you and only now do I realise that you are gay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We need waiter photos, but at least we got the conductor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Was Domingo enthralling with his rhythm stick John?x

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes