Pilgrim’s Way

Dorothy taking Mary for a walk this morning

Yesterday’s Church meeting proved to be useful
I now have a list of around eight villagers who will join in form an action group to support the Pilgrim status of the Church if the Bishop  eventually grants it. 
In the meantime we have asked interested villagers to start a letter writing campaign to the Bishop 

Tomorrow around fifteen pilgrims will stop at Trelawnyd . They are taking part in an annual pilgrimage from Basingwerk Abbey to Bardsey Island on the North Wales Pilgrim’s way and last year the way had attracted 17,000 walkers along the route, which is encouraging given our wish for St Michael’s to become a Pilgrim Church. 
I’ve got cakes and tea all ready for tomorrow’s pilgrim’s to have when they arrive.

Tonight I’m working nights to cover sickness then it’s holiday! I’ve made a rye bread loaf this morning for a patient who is desperate for that home made bread taste .
Next week I’ve got two theatre trips organised one here and one in London and have a ticket to the unofficial Banksy exhibition near Covent Garden as an aside.
I will try and book something else interesting on Friday morning before I return 
I’m also going to Choir on Tuesday and there is also the philharmonic afternoon concert in Liverpool a week on Sunday

Hey ho
The village newsletter has just been delivered





  

24 comments:

  1. Glad you still manage to get to choir, I am amazed by how you manage to fill your time John. Enjoy it all. Love the idea of the Pilgrims' Way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to check, as I didn't recognise Beardsley - should it be Bardsey? I had a Bardsey apple tree in my last two gardens,
    . Lots of pilgrims and related stuff here where I live in Whithorn in Galloway. Enjoy your break :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly are keeping busy, John. Sounds like you have a lot of fun outings planned. Good for you! Have a wonderful break! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yorkshire Liz1:41 pm

    Have a wonderful tfip! You've earnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a fun week coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara Anne2:04 pm

    What a wonderful, productive morning you had!
    I cannot choose just one glorious positive adjective for that loaf of bread you made for your patient.
    Oops! Your last name is misspelled in the newsletter.
    All of those marvelous plans you've made for your holiday prove you know how to care for yourself. Will you see Nu while in London?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The soup and roll lunch sounds inviting. I guess it means drink the soup and then roll around on the floor. Village life sounds more hectic than I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely that you live in a village with such community spirit. I know not everyone will get involved, but I'm sure many will. Making rye bread for one of your patients just shows what a caring person you are. Definitely above and beyond your duties.The plans for your holiday sound exciting. i know you'll enjoy them all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here there is Pudding and custard too which is very popular(some have both some have either)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does your Mary have the feet of a bear John?x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about a fall fest and build a scarecrow competition .
    Soup and roll...count me in , I'd do that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the picture of Dorothy taking Mary for a walk! Did she also walk you?

    You have wonderful plans for your holiday - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You get a LOT done! What kind of cakes do you make for the pilgrims? Why does semmel/ semnell cake spring to mind.

    I can't read the newsletter, print is too tiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy, if you click on the photo, it'll enlarge.x

      Delete
  14. I like the newsletter. Your community is active and encourages participation by all wishing to lend a hand. People are invested when they are involved making a strong bond. Your holiday plans sound fabulous. Good times are queued up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The world needs more nurses like you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your life is full. L'chaim!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to look forward to your holiday and the things you have planned.
    Hope all continues to go well with the Pilgrim church too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You’ve got a lot going on. A rich life during tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are such a successful organizer

    ReplyDelete
  20. As I write this, your visiting pilgrims are probably there! I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Banksy expresses himself with wisdom, skill and complete originality.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That newsletter! I know that I have said it before, but what a lovely village you have.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes