The Underpants Hammock

My friend Ruth enjoyed her time at the cottage.
The dogs were well behaved, polite and even helpful  ( smart arse bum lickers! ) and suddenly Albert presented himself as  her new best friend.....turncoats every one of them! 

 But It was busier than I expected she admitted yesterday much busier
I asked her to explain 
It turned out that the toing and froing of villagers caught her somewhat by surprise.
Village Elder Islwyn popped round for a few chats , Trendy Carol too, and Hattie popped around to collect Mary for a gentle walk seeing that shes pregnant.
Old Trev got a bit tongue tied after he had knocked on the kitchen window and found Ruth smiling at him and Mrs Trellis found the presence of a new lady at Bwthyn y llan  rather “intriguing” 
I await that fallout 
“ Will you be coming back to house sit again.?” I asked hopefully
“ Of course “ Ruth laughed “ I loved it ! “ 
Big sigh......

The last of my birthday gifts arrived yesterday too
My nephew sent me a photo of himself and his dog 
I love candid shots where you can almost hear the person photographed laughing and talking
And this photo captured just that 
A great gift.

Tonight I’m just pottering as I’m back on nights tomorrow
I know I’ve been  missed as Dorothy is shadowing me a little more than usual.
As , when I Sat on the loo for a very satisfying number two
Her head rested, quite neatly in the between knee hammock left by my underpants
Her eyes never leaving mine 


I will leave you with some more “ views from my window” competition
Please send more if you have them, they are a delight to view 
jgsheffield @hotmail.com 














 




And my favourite which I suspect is a fake 











27 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hattie , how delightful xx

      Delete
    2. Barbara Anne12:56 am

      Wishing Hattie and her sweetie good health and much joy!
      I thought it was Mary, too.

      Hugs!

      Delete
    3. I was going to ask same question.
      Congratulations Hattie.

      Delete
  2. She's a brave girl to rest her chin in your sweaty gusset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She won’t be the first mave x

      Delete
    2. Let's hope she won't be the last either.

      Delete
  3. If I ever came to Trelawnyd, I would try my best to persuade Albert to throw you over and come live in Canada with me. I love him so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of getting one of those John-possibly a fisherman's x

    ReplyDelete
  5. With Ruth enjoying her stay at the cottage and your mini-London vacation working out beautifully - this should be a regularly scheduled escape for you both. Win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara Anne1:01 am

    Love your nephew's wonderful smile in the photo with his dog. A photo to treasure.
    How marvelous that Ruth had such a good time house-cat-and-dog-sitting and that the villagers made her welcome. Surely Susan is right in her post, that arrangement could work out well for you both!
    Home again and all is getting back to normal.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I've missed something... who's pregnant, Hattie or Mary?

    Isn't it a good feeling to know you have a great house and dog sitter! I love the happy picture of your nephew and his dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered too.

      Delete
    2. I thought Mary was pregnant....but i see it is Hattie. Wishing her and baby well.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad that Ruth fit right in with the villagers perhaps it was a bit of a vacation for her as well and who knew that Albert was such a charmer. Yes the photo of your nephew is lovely and he will be chuffed to see it take pride of place. Wishing you many more long weekends away John.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post. Love the Happy Birthday Photo and now you have a great Dog/Cat house sitter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to be missed! I'm glad that Ruth enjoyed her house-sit, even if she set the Trelawnyd tongues wagging! What a wonderful, open smile your nephew has. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of our cats does the same. I never thought of it as a hammock. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to find that the house sitter and the animals enjoyed their time together. Your friends in the village probably had fun too guessing what was going on

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a cat once who could not bear to be shut outside the bathroom. If you accidently shut her out, you would be treated to a paw snaking under the door and waving wildly at you. We were used to it in the family. It was quite a shock to Tim the first time he used the bathroom at our house. Someone had to explain to him that the cat's great joy in life was watching the toilet be flushed and seeing everything disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a happy post! Congratulations to Hattie. Marvelous news. May she have a safe, easy pregnancy.

    Have really enjoyed seeing a glimpse outside all the homes. Some amazing vistas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you have a full life filled with friends. She should be happy for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recognise Broadstairs in one of these, I live very near

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes