The Wall



 Yesterday I rearranged the paintings and the lithographs, and the drawings and the photographs and the embroideries and the ceramics and the tiny piece of the antique Japanese Kimono on the art wall of the kitchen.
The exhibition looked clean and tidy and comfortable once I had finished
A history of my years post retirement
Every framed piece, a step forward to independence .
The wall has significance and it has power.
Where I once had a great deal of pleasure showing joint treasures, and dreams and memories in such a medium now I show my own milestones and art and loves and likes in one place and it feels nice to do so...kind of empowering.....kind of significant .
A while ago a friend asked me about the art wall 
He acknowledged how important it was to me
And he understood when I said 
It is something real , very real to me ...and nothing .....that is a lie

Ok ....that’s enough of all that.....me and Mave won the Big Gay Quiz last night which was fun. Today me and the girls are going to Colwyn Bay beach for a walk and a proper coffee
I’m counting the days until I can go to the cinema, I maybe able to book a seat very soon!!!!!!




26 comments:

  1. You and Mavis are a great team-perhaps you could both apply for a competition/quiz on tv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wall looks wonderful good on you John each has it's own story to tell.
    Congrats are in order winning the quiz sounds like a fun time !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art wall is just lovely, both its contents and display. And wow, you are getting to be a Big Gay Quiz POWERHOUSE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wall looks great. Woo-hoo for the quiz win.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tada for the quiz win! The wall looks wonderful. It is good to know what is not a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your art wall and I love all it stands for! The wall looked great before and it looks even better now. Congrats for another win on Quiz night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wall :) Now I'm on my own I only really want my own things in my new home - a part of rebuilding me and my life, on my own and by myself. My things have the same power as your wall. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another win for the dream team - Congratulations! The art wall looks great and every time you look at it you can be proud that you're moving on and being your own man. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice that it's empowering and all that, but I have to do some serious squinting here. Maybe we could get a close-up?

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done for winning the quiz x i'm also looking forward to being able to go to the cinema, of all the places that have been closed i've missed that the most x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the art you choose (and are given), how much you've put together in recent years, and all it says about you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a really nice art wall but I just love those guys sitting on your radiator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wall looks lovely...it's good to move pictures around, because you suddenly notice them more, don't you?
    Well done AGAIN, John & Mave!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely to see your wall of art. Well done John and Mavis !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love your art wall! And how funny that yesterday I wrote about creating my own art wall. Must be in the blogland air :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your art wall looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on winning the quiz! I love your art wall. You have an eclectic selection of hand picked items! My Nan used to have an art wall like that and a mantelpiece full of treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do still see a space or two for another 'brick' in the wall

    ReplyDelete
  19. At our age, our walls are full of memories and accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i am a firm believer in surrounding ourselves with things that make us happy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very powerful indeed. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. enjoy your beach day with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thankyou for showing your art wall.
    A good idea

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your Art Wall and the stories it must tell.
    Warm and Real . . .

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes