Central Station



Fernanda Montenegro



Central Station is a film I have always adored
I’ve loved it for twenty years 
Brazilian Dora is a retired  teacher who writes letters for the illiterate at the central Station in Rio 
By chance she meets up with a young orphan Josué and the meeting allows her to find some redemption from a life of cynicism as she finds herself responsible for his future happiness 
Me and Ruth watched it last night and cried buckets at it 
It’s message about redemption and reinvention is universal and recently so pertinent 
It’s a pivotal film in my cinematic history 
I adore it

8 comments:

  1. I'm making a list of the photos you recommend, glad you and Ruth had a lovely evening nothing like a good cry between friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good cry is cathartic. Glad you got to do it with a good friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real oldie, have you watched "On Golden Pond"? Totally different setting, similar message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one I will watch! Thank you for the recommendation, John x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:25 am

    It sounds like an interesting film. Illiteracy in Brazil is a big problem then. I am astonished at the illiteracy figures in my own country. How can this be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara Anne10:40 am

    This title is new to me so I will look for it, hanky at the ready.
    I love "On Golden Pond" but still cringe when the box of Grandmother's china is dropped. Is that shallow of me?
    We have ice and snow this morning and it's not quite 6a here.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a good comedy or action movie to take my mind off things. A good cry would be too easy right now.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes