Went The Day Well


My day got better after the making of the will
I had found it rather sad to change my beneficiary, from someone I once would have happily left all of my lifelong savings and assets to. So much so that my solicitor who had originally overseen our will making, was sweet and thoughtful and timely with her tissue box..
But like I said, the day got better,
As days nowadays often do.

I met a friend for lunch then caught up with the affable despot which is jason who sent me this video via what's app, as he a want to do with viral gems


Now I may have to explain that " Bashing someone's back doors in " is a more lurid example of one of our British euphemisms relating to anal sex......
I won't draw pictures but The Despot cackled like a loon when I saw him, so ticked by the schoolboy humour of it all .
Jason and I are off to see some sort of Zombie theatre performance at Theatr Clwyd next week.
What fun.

Trelawnyd's full choir contingent was present tonight as Heulwen was back after her two months journey to Europe, so after a somewhat spirited and balanced version of Hallelujah ( the choir was so pleased that we had impressed Jamie with our singing) we ( , me Hattie and Heulwen) went to the pub to swap personal and village gossip.

We are arranging to see the sentimental Military Wives movie ( the one about the choir)
I think a filmed version of our choir would have been a better story, but then I would.

33 comments:

  1. I know quite a few people who would like their back door bashed in by a fireman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about a policeman to the rescue with a big truncheon ? x

      Delete
    2. John-I have such great respect for our local constabularly x

      Delete
    3. Oh no. What a nightmare...

      Delete
  2. You lot make me chuckle. Thank you for that it has been a very long and boring day. Glad you are getting sorted John and attending to the little things in life. And so very pleased your days are getting better. Now I am off to bed as it is blooming cold here Sweet dreams everyone x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cry every time I see the trailer to Military Wives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often have a tear in choir so it's probably quite accurate

      Delete
  4. Re your last sentence - judging by your reports of your meetings and your pub jaunts afterwards - you may be right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie wants to be played by Ewan Mcgregor

      Delete
  5. You could start writing fantasy movie scripts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've written at least a dozen
      This year

      And I'm not joking...ask me when u see me

      Delete
  6. And now I know something I did not know before. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a very good day indeed. I hope you left everything to my favourite cat, Albert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a soft heart, things really hurt you. So sad for you. Maybe you left your worldly assets to Albert and the dogs? Or to you nephew in law Leo, a bit to the Revampd Flower Show...?

    I hope things are ok , we are hearing reports of awful flooding in N Wales, of nursing homes flooded and so on. Streets awash and hurricane winds today? I hope the storm missed you.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's things that hurt John so much as it is things that simply touch his heart so greatly that it brings tears to the forefront!
      When I first heard the song "Hallelujah" ... I cried because it just touched my soul so profoundly! A lot touches me so profoundly ... I get tired of crying!!!

      Delete
    2. I was referring to the will change not the choir song.

      Delete
    3. Awful flooding was confined to S. Wales. Some less awful flooding in N.Wales.

      Delete
    4. Our village will never flood it's too high up

      Delete
    5. So is our house, thankfully, but the local town centre is prone to flooding when heavy rain works its way down from the hills and meets incoming high tides.

      Delete
    6. I'm glad you're all ok! I was imagining John helping to evacuate the hospice, pushing gurneys to safety with the flood swirling around his manly thighs.

      Delete
  9. Sigh, this used to be one of the classier blogs! ;D hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From its trailer that 'Military Wives' film looks like yet another one with the same threadbare old formula (though based on a 'true story', but aren't they all?) - amateur choir with a performing standard beyond hopeless is knocked into shape by a doughty believer in their potential and.....they conquer the world! S'pose I'll be seeing it, but only 'cos Kristen S.T.'s there who, for me, can do no wrong. Perhaps there'll be a future film featuring the Trelawnyd choir getting a recording contract - and much, much more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jason has an odd sense of humour. I don't find that video remotely funny. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have snickered since I DO know what a back door is, but I had never know the term “smashing in the backdoor.” Remember the song “doo doo doo, lookin’ out my backdoor”? Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually new to me too, Mitch, though anyone with an ounce of imagination might have guessed on the interpretation it's being given.

      Delete
  13. I am still of the mindset that I should spend it all and not leave anything behind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good on you sounds like a good day moving on and fun and games.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes