- The bank support worker, a stranger, who when she finished her shift , hugged me,and told me she was going to light a candle for me when she next went to mass
- The small gift of tinned cat food left by my back door
- A text in the early morning from a friend checking if I was ok
- The choir spontainiously clapping a particularly impressive piece of singing
- A neighbour walking my dogs in the rain when they didn't have to
This morning I listened to Desert Island Discs .
Lauren Laverne ( who is growing on me) was interviewing Russell T Davies and the pair seemed to be having great fun together even when Davies discussed the death of his husband after a long illness.
An upbeat Davies described his husband as " a nice man" and supported the importance of the usual bland description of "Nice" with this reply...a phrase that literally jumped out of the radio to slap me gently on my face
" The World Turns under the March of the feet of all of those nice people !"
So powerfully said