Kissed Softly By Buster Keaton

Dorothy 

Although not quite housetrained as yet,
Dorothy has brought a certain exuberance back into the cottage atmosphere.
When I pick the dogs up from Trendy Carol's space age square conservatory after a long day, it is now Dotty that gallops forward like a miniature sumo wrestler on amphetamines in order to greet me first.
Her whole tail wagging body shrieks of excitement and joy, but only her expression, which is often fixed in a kind of worried hopefulness, belies her real mood.
Like most bulldogs, she has more than a passing resemblance to the silent film star Buster Keaton.

Buster


This morning at 7 am she very slowly pushed her Buster face into mine.
We were lip to lip for a while before she effectively cut off my air supply and that signalled the time to get up for a morning walk.
I got up dutifully........as I said she is not yet fully housetrained as yet, so my one other lie in moment went for a burton and minutes later she was leading our way down the Dyserth walkway, followed closely by a quieter and more grown up Mary.
And as always ,Winifred gently brought up the rear. Her old head swinging from Side to side as she silently greeted passing walkers
She looked like Queen Sālote Of Tonga at the coronation

Winnie

27 comments:

  1. Dogs are always happy to go back to bed for a snooze once they have countered the possibility of messing their bed. Treat yourselves to a lazy day and recharge the love battery. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fat chance...I've just finished the cottage chores
      It's 12.30

      Delete
  2. Oh the happy tail but worried face, I still have that with Agatha. She of the Betty Davis eyes so sometimes I just don't know.
    Dorothy is a sweetheart.
    parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is........and she's growing on me

      Delete
  3. Your descriptions are always so perfect. And I had never thought of bulldogs as Buster Keaton. Perfect, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like being sexually molested by a depressive
      Very odd

      Delete
  4. I thought maybe you had a hot date last night! "Went for a burton" sent me to google, it surely did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:49 am

    Lol at Winnie being like Queen of Tonga.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I read this it is 6:30 here and my old collie is making "time to go out" noises while my little guy is still sound asleep and will have to be awaken (reluctantly) to go out. An so starts the day.
    Cheers Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know Dotty is feeling so much at home and cared for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is settling nick....it's a slow job , but we are getting there

      Delete
  8. little cutie! i just can't resist a dog.
    Gentle kisses sound a pleasant way to be woken, my young one thunders through the house and lands on top of me. Irresistable but slightly dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one lucky man! To be so loved by these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good friend of ours (now sadly deceased) was a great friend of the Tongan royal family. He used to see them often. I'm not sure if the above was his friend or a later one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must have heard this, but Noel Coward was asked who the little man sitting next to Queen Salote in the carriage was and he said, "Her lunch".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You beat me to it. I was just musing on how to fit the anecdote in.

      Delete
  12. I think Dottie's face may betray an anxiety that she might be cast off alone again, leaderless, packless - and rudderless. The memory hasn't faded enough yet. Worry not, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barbara Anne2:30 pm

    It is amazing how eloquent dogs are without saying a word. We are currently dogless but frequently talk about getting another. Our last 3 dogs and 4 cats just wandered to the door and we took them in as their previous owners couldn't be found. Well, truth be told, the cat was in labor and soon produced kittens, to the dismay and amazement of our elderly Virginia Walker Hound.

    Somehow, I've missed ever seeing the Queen of Tonga and I do see the resemblance to Winnie! It's Dorothy's eyes that look so much like Buster Keaton.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's doing well at getting you into her routine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're going to be having erotic Buster Keaton dreams soon, if you aren't already!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well chosen pictures! I do see it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes John - in all cases there is likeness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Buster Keaton those eyes! Dorothy is a sweetie but dear old Winnie ... now she has my heart. All three will have you well trained shortly!

    Jo in Auckland

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes