Promenading

At this time in Sitges I would be promenading alongside a thousand other Europeans in the still roast hot air of Northern Spain
Tonight, in Trelawnyd, it's still sunny with blue skies,
But it's pleasantly cooler, and few people are about.
Mary and I went out to Promenade .
With no choir in Gwaenysgor on the cards, we walked to the hall to listen to the Male Voice Choir  at their professional rehursal. They were singing Elvis' Can't help falling in love with you rather gently and beautifully. A district nurse on a late visit walked out from the pensioner bungalows as I leant on the Hall wall.
She looked tired

I smiled to myself. When my family came to listen to my choir's concert the other night, my sister in law got the venue wrong and went to sit in with the male voice choir rehursal instead of ours.
The chattering Welsh singers were, I think, quite taken with their small audience of one!

Eve Randa was sitting in her bedroom window as we passed. She looked every inch the slightly bored pre teen that she is but she told me that her dad was doing ok.
I saw him today as I drove  through the village. He was chatting to Animal Helper Pat.
She had had her hair done!

There is a folk concert  in the village hall this weekend http://www.therecordjournal.co.uk/
I hope to go on Friday.
Two nuns in light grey habits stopped their car to allow us to cross the road by the school( I couldn't make it up) and as the sun dropped low over the West of the village lighting up the graveyard in a burst of yellow ,my red geraniums, planted out only a month ago, seemed to bloom robustly on the kitchen wall
A bit of Sitges in Wales I thought


33 comments:

  1. Your garden is beautiful. Your village is lovely. And so are you John. Onward and Upward I hope for you.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and then I heard a screech and a crunch behind me. The nuns had crashed into a lamppost. But never fear, Mrs Trellis was soon on the scene. She ripped off her beige cardigan to reveal her scarlet lycra vest emblazoned with the legend, "SuperTrellis". Soon Sister Gwynneth and the Mother Superior were dragged from their now burning compact vehicle but, thank St Asaph - they were alive! Again Mrs Trellis had saved the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U mad fucker, that did make me chortle

      Delete
    2. LOL Brilliant! YP,!!..

      Delete
    3. lol Everything takes a turn when YP gets hold of it.

      Delete
  3. LOVE red geraniums! Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a wonderful promenade. I have no doubt that people were glad to see you and Mary too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh. The nuns stopping anecdote is so quaint!
    And I have friends who live in Zaragoza and they tell me the heat is oppressive.
    Love the flowers!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are secretly pleased to be home. Do hope Trelawnyd remains your home - expect you do too dear John.

    ReplyDelete
  7. East, West, home’s best
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your geraniums. it's 102 degrees here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love your village reports. Your geraniums are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you thought about writing a book, this is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a good couple of days. I can picture it all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love how you write ... you make me smile a lot!
    Glad you had such a great little vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who's Danny? The name is Marcia (pronounced Mar-see-ah) LOL Google uses the last name, not the first name! :)

      Delete
  13. Sweet, lovely post about ordinary life in a small town. It almost makes me feel good about this unraveling world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can imagine how popular a weekly article -written by you-would be.
    And I agree about feeling better about this unraveling world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice few days in Spain, now back to the cooler days at home.
    parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those geraniums are such a full red. I love geraniums for their reliability.

    Enjoyed your post, John. You get the flavour of life onto the page so well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Does a nun still score a '10' - or is that only for a vicar? Let's hope you scored a score at one throw! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely evening thanks for walking us through.
    Checked out the folk concert information looks like something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So delightful. You describe it so well John.
    I love the evenings when we have been in Spain seeing cheerful families promenading.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was nice ....

    ReplyDelete
  21. I little bit of Sitges in Wales and in your heart too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yep, that photo could have been taken in Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's great to go away and be anonymous for a while but even better to come home when you are part of a community that knows and loves you. Especially when the sun is shining and you have dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved your "day in the life" post.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Heidi2:29 pm

    In other words - it's great to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing the goodness.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes