Alun & Hattie

Two sets of thank you's today!...one from villager Alun who had spearheaded the restoration of the village war memorial ( see his Facebook entry below)
and the other to Hattie who lives in one of the cottages on London Road

Occasionally, as we journey through life, we are sometimes bestowed with act's of great kindness. I have just received a gift from a lady who lives in Canada, and her name is Marjorie. Apparently my mate John Grayhad told her all about the work restoring our village war memorial. In appreciation of this she sent me a gift of a little box which , she's beautifully engraved with a poppy. The box also contained a collection of Canadian poppies. However, I feel this is a gift to all who worked on this project. I feel humbled by such kindness. A nice little story to warm our hearts." 


Hattie left me a bunch of flowers and a card yesterday. Both were perched on the kitchen wall
The card read ".........." I also want you to have these flowers to know that I have been thinking of you.....I hope they brighten up that darker side of your cottage" 
Marjorie's and Hattie's gestures have made two middle aged blokes very happy
Thanks to both! 
Now off to bed, I'm Effin knackered

24 comments:

  1. There are kind people everywhere, on every continent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind acts like that remind us that we should all mete out our own acts of kindness. They lubricate what would otherwise be a much harder world to inhabit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A heartwarming post to start the weekend off with ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie11:24 am

    You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughtful people are marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara Anne12:15 pm

    It's good to be appreciated and cared about! Enjoy the warm cockles in your loving heart.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, lovely story, thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very kind gestures. It is the little things and thoughtfullness that make life worthwhile. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful gifts both given in love and kindness. My husband is called after a Canadian RAF crew member who flew in WW2 with his Dad. Norman was killed after the crew was split and my dear MIL agreed that they would honour the frienship and ultimate sacrifice by naming their son after him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kind, nice, thoughtful . . .
    and wonderful . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two wonderful acts of love and gratitude, John. I hope the flowers (and the act) have lifted your spirits.
    After reading this, I have been spurred on to send a posy and card to a dear friend who is going through a dark patch at present, so the love goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good is everywhere. Hugs to two sweet gals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Misty eyed, what wonderful gifts.

    cheers, parsnip and badger

    ReplyDelete
  14. And you have made us all happy telling us about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that, thank for sharing these heartening gifts.

      Delete
  15. There are some good people out there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How kind of them. And you, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always found that people carry us through our darker moments. Sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely way to start the weekend kind gestures to make someones day will pass it on John.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kindness is a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My heart feels much warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just got up l...dogs to walk, tea to get uniform to iron..
    Speak tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes