The Veg


The veg classes I had been most worried about as the weather has not been kind to the allotments. The two main exhibitors from Trelawnyd are women ( a rarity in shows) Jean Smith and Sandra Cameron share back to back vegetable plots and provided a wonderful cross section of exhibits. Jean excelled in the fruit classes whist Sandra's beetroots won the special best in Show award. Mr Butler stated that they were best exhibits he had seen all year! 

 What boosted our veg exhibits is the re emergence of two local " growers" Mr Rowlands and Mr Hughes, who come from neighbouring villages and the dark horse last minute arrival of a Mr Owen who trounced everyone to win the cup for most points in the veg class.
Mr Butler summed up the competition by clapping his hands and calling out " The Battle is on!"




9 comments:

  1. Sandra ought to be proud of her prize-winning beetroots! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exhibits look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouthwatering vegetables. Can't beat such ingredients. I'd be tempted to touch the exhibits, perhaps even chomp on one of those carrots I'm sorry to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. spouse wants to devour the cherry tomato table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY the vegs look so delightful and fresh....and I see my Piggy face in the background :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those beetroot were exceptional, I was totally amazed by them. I'm off to get some Pledge to polish mine up for next week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serious onion envy, Mine were tiny this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful produce. Ours is edible but beauty left the station before harvest.

    Congratulations to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm enjoying these posts so much!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes