Blue Skies

The Calm before the storm The Trelawnyd Glebe
The Hysterical Runners led by the hybrid drake Halleh have screamed their last hysterical screams on the field for a week. Some of the silly buggers have known me for over four years but still they shriek lilke little girls as soon as they register anything new within a mile's radius of the field.
( and when I say new.....I mean even me wearing a hat they have not seen before!)

"arrrrhhhhhhhhhhh run.....run for the hills!!!"

I always have the urge to do something drastic when they start


Hummm perhaps it was an unfortunate choice of video seeing that the older I get, the more nervous I get about flying......I wonder why that is?
At least we are not "suffering" the orange skinned, scouse harshness of the  Easy Jet cabin Crew and the  filling "common as muck" free-for-all fight so we can actually sit together before some uninterested stewardess throws a hard bun in a piece of cellophane at us for a fiver a go!
In my experience the cheapness of Easy Jet never quite balances out the fraught look on Chris' face when the bunfight run for seats start at the very beginning of his much earned holiday break.....
His expression says it all
"It was never like this in Miss Marple's day"
and he would be right

We are flying British Airways.

And so I am off now to sort out some frozen pork to share out amongst the kind suckers that have kindly agreed to care for the Bwthyn-y-llan animals...without them all, I would have to be content with a day trip to Llandudno.
So I give a big thank you to you all


Janet and Ned (who are taking in George)
Eirlys & John ( Bingley,Theresa,Carol Polenta and the runners)
Mike and Viv ( The blind Rooster Cogburn, Phyllis Diller and  abandoned cockerel Buster)
Islwyn ( hens & geese and house sitting and security matters)
Mandy (water distribution and security jobs)
John F (Water Butt filling and paddling pool care)
Carol ( Albert feeding and rabbit corpse removal)

See you all on our return......I will try and drop a quick blog when we're out there

38 comments:

  1. Have a great time. Hope all goes well.

    And thank you for educating me about the Indian Runner ducks. We had some on the farm on holiday and my family were like 'oooh look at the upright ducks' and I was able to say with complete knowledge 'oh yes, those are Indian Runners'. If I say so myself, I sounded quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time. I have, lets say, an anxiety about flying, but find that being anywhere away from easyjet or, horror of horrors, ryanair, helps enormously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your frozen pork must be exceptional if it persuades people to take on your menagerie!

    Have a smashing time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy holiday, the pair of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun! We flew with Monarch earlier this month, couldn't stomach an Easyjet or Ryanair flight, even though it was probably cheaper.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a great vacation. It reminds me of how much I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you both a fantastic holiday, and happy traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a fabulous time, John!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am excited you are going on such a wonderful holiday! Enjoy it all as I am sure you both will. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:25 pm

    Have a wonderful holiday, John & Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  12. British Airways...that explains why Chris wouldn't let you have green shoes.You'll be travelling in a three piece suit,shiny shoes carrying a rolled up brolly.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you really DO have a mission to complete BEFORE you go away in sorting out all these little "sitters" - well done and I hope you get the holiday you've earned!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do try the 'Zodiac' restaurant, I seem to remember it was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If I lived by you I'd watch out for Albert. But, I can only wish you and Chris a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Does that frozen pork have a number? Your friends and neighbors are amazing - imagine caring for all those critters and security (and clean-up) matters if you're not John!!! And, yes, do have a fantastic holiday!

    Nancy in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Phew...you'll need a holiday after sorting all that lot out.
    Have yourselves a lovely break !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy trails John. Wishing you and Chris a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like you have a wonderful bunch of neighbors there!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a great time knowing everything is well cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  23. dont forget your DVD copy of The Great escape to put on the dashboard of any hire car that you may park on some random street.....

    ReplyDelete
  24. dont forget your DVD copy of The Great escape to put on the dashboard of any hire car that you may park on some random street.....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jason(you survived the bus journey to rhyl then?) Crowe will look out for it!to everyone who wished us well thanks all for the good holiday vibesPOSTSCRIPT:The runners and turkeys are now safely tucked away with eirlys, who has worked incredibly hard cleaning out her stables for them.George is fast asleep on my sister's couch and Islwyn, Mike and the others have all passed their "poultry for beginners" course assessments

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have a wonderful time & again - so loving your blog, thanks for the glory of your prose. ps tip = upgrade to posh lounge is guaranteed to put a smile on Chris' face.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  28. One of my (only) favourite clips from N.L. Also, more bitch-slapping. You need HELP, you sad fuck.

    ReplyDelete
  29. charmingly put Thomas!(you armpit)x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous12:12 am

    have a wonderful vacation John

    ReplyDelete
  31. Who are Meg and William staying with?

    I hope both you and Chris have a wonderful relaxing holiday and lovely weather!

    ReplyDelete
  32. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ENJOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Have a wonderful time.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What pre holiday organisation -

    You deserve to fly Premier class ( we all dream of this ! )

    Our Thompsons flight from Greece was ridiculous - after a horrible queue at Rhodes for rip off food & sitting on the floor to eat, all I wanted was a cup of tea... Two pounds seventy five pence for a small cup !!!

    In their feed back comments form I complained bitterly !!!

    Have a wonderful time xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. That's a great clip from a great film....enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Have a great holiday and hard-earned rest.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes