"Hellloooooooo Trelawnyd!"

Poster and venue.......who needs the O2 Arena?

I have noted with some interest that Trelawnyd's Memorial Hall has been rapidly becoming a sort of alternative venue for National and indeed international folk performers over the past 24 months or so
This week Heidi Talbot arrives, and the publicity machine posters have proudly proclaimed that the New York Times viewed her as having a "voice that's both awestruck and tender!"
Impressive stuff eh?!


When I was in London visiting Nuala earlier in the year I noticed a poster advertising tour dates for a folk singer ( sorry I forget her name) which Included Trelawnyd in the line up!!! LONDON, LIVERPOOL,  HULL NOTTINGHAM and Trelawnyd!
How cool is that...
Anyhow after a bit of digging I have found that a village based Record Journal has been responsible for this folk "explosion" at The Memorial Hall, and although folk music isn't quite my cup of tea..I will make an effort and go to at least one concert

ECHED
There is even a mega "day concert" planned for 2012.......
  

14 comments:

  1. Very cool - you are firmly " On the Map " now !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of asking Dominic West to base his next tv series here

    ReplyDelete
  3. this lady on friday is meant to be amazing John, not folk in any way at all.....gonna try and go myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. had a look on youtube, she sounds somewhat like eva cassidy....and rather folky !! .....beautiful voice though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure it's "folk" at the village hall and not a similar sounding word?
    All power to the promoters. There isn't enough live music around these days. Perhaps you could learn a few chords on a guitar and make up a song about dogs and poultry?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trelawnyd, the latest cultural center!
    Hot dang!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is impressive!

    But I wonder what "awestruck and tender" actually means?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw Heidi Talbot last year supporting Eddie Reader.Heidi has a lovely voice you will enjoy her singing I should think. I did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harvest Lunches, Folk music concerts: the reasons for jetting in are increasing - it would have to be Emily Smith's 12 Nov gig for me tho' and hoping that she's got her gorgeous Kiwi husband along - he dances while he fiddles... the violin that is.
    Me I'm a sucker for folk music - ancient ditties, ceilidh bands, world music and singer-songer writer stuff, which is what this lass Heidi sounds like.
    But live performance usually transcends genre for me. Lap it up John, and just for you on a completely different tack...
    a big hare has just galloped across my field of vision through the Secret Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful is that? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Last folk singer I ever saw was in a pub in Plymouth in the 80's. All beards, Arran sweaters,finger in one ear and GNAAAR.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unfortunately I am working tomorrow night.... I would have gone otherwise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "I can't even pronounce Trelawnyd. It was a lot easier when it was just plain Newmarket." -- Bob Dylan, 2009.

    (okay, so I made that up)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Trelawnyd Palladium?

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes