Dia's words



There are many reasons why I enjoy blogging.Sometimes it's the humour...

sometimes it's the humanity...and sometimes it's the language...


Dia wrote a lovely comment on my post relating to Mary,the small dying hen who seemed to
rally somewhat a day  ago
I thought her description of the process of dying..quite beautiful


 acuriouscure said...

"Aaah...little Mary was nodding back in for a bit eh? Whenever patients would do that it always
reminded me of the way a piece of seaweed can get caught up in the wave wash at the beach,
washing in and out a few times before finally breaking free and heading out for deeper water."




off to the Memorial Hall later...there is a gala concert on by the Trelawnyd Male voice Choir

14 comments:

  1. Awwww, how sweet John. I remember my dying Nan doing this. One minute she was out for the count and we were all saying our farewells and the next she was sat bolt upright drinking a glass of my dad's homemade cherry brandy and puffing on a ciggy! Then she laid back down and passed away...I can still see it all as clear as day even though it was 35 years ago :(

    Sue x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:06 pm

    One last taste of earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just been over to Dia's fascinating blog. Well worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful description John. There is also a lovely verse in Tenessee Williams 'Night of the Iguana' Act III which also sums up death very nicely for me.
    Enjoy the conert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this John, that is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'A piece of seaweed caught up in a wave wash and the carried out into the deep!' What a fantastic thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops typing error - meant 'then carried out into the deep'!
    John - you were spot on with the weather forecast -it's been tipping down all day here. All the best for a good allotment open day next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:33 pm

    Thanks John...funny how we were on the same wavelength there, eh? BTW, I've had more hits today from your blog than I've ever had in a single day, period. Good god you have a lot of readers sir!
    Dxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I often felt my hospice pts had one foot on this side and one on the other. Back and forth. Back and forth Can only imagine how hard (easy?) it must've been to cross that bridge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dia's words brought tears to my eyes. How perfectly described.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those words are indeed perfect. They sadden me, for one of my cats is terminally ill and this describes her waxing and waning health quite well.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes