Pants!



The good thing about being on a long and sustained heath kick is that you no longer have to squeeze your fat arse into your pants!
Cutting down on food (apart from a birthday  KFC last night----I know I know..but to me it's a big fuck off treat!),all fat and especially alcohol (hardly any in a few weeks ...would you believe it?) has started to show dividends and although by blood pressure remains a little elevated ( thanks Dad) I managed to get into a pair of combat trousers yesterday without resorting to a warm spoon and a ton of goose grease!


Ok I still have a long way to go, but at least the 12 year old practice nurse down at the doctor's surgery cannot give me that awfully patronising "lifestyle change" pep talk that they are so good at giving, after I pre-empt her spiel with news of my weight loss, liver preservation and shiny new combats.....
I hope SHE doesn't think that I now still look 49!
( If she calls me Grandad I will slap her)


Anyhow I am up at my Brother's for the day . My sister-in-law needed to be out early, and while my brother has had a lie in, I have busied myself with completing another two chapters over at http://trelawnydhistory.blogspot.com/ and sorting some health and safety signs out for my Open Allotment day which has been booked for the 17th of July.
Yes even the dreaded "risk assessment" has to be filled out for the smallest of village open days!


Oh I need to ring Boots -The Chemist too! they have lost the original slides I took in to be printed up and still they have not turned up yet..........I know it will increase my blood pressure somewhat, but I feel like a little sport........a few waspish comments to some middle managers......will give me a smile on this dull looking Thursday morning!


(ps will update everyone on the Plank and chick saga later!)

25 comments:

  1. Warm spoon and goose grease? Weird! There are surely more palatable aphrodisiacs.
    Congratulations on your gradual weight loss. Soon you will be half the man you were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work. I look forward to reading your blog for a very long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on weight loss/healthy eating! I too have started (again) and am starting to feel the benefits! I've gone all high tech and am using an "app" on my phone..NOOM. V good tracks everything!

    How are the orphaned chick and Plank getting along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, John on the "lifestyle change"! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jellie ( or should that be babe?)

    plank rejected the chick yesterday..
    (it took her long enough!)
    sp the little fella is under a lamp in the shed with a mirror for company!)
    he/she looks ok and is feathering up nicely...my plan is to set her up with the tiny bantam I have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are going well!
    The middle age wake up call sucks, but it does have some benefits.
    My efforts are beginning to pay off as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. >a few waspish comments to some middle managers......

    Calm down dear...do what I do:

    1. Tell them what happened
    2. Tell them what should have happened.
    3. Tell them how you feel.
    4. Tell them what you want.

    5. Then, just when they think you've been on a hokey, two-bit 'assertiveness' course, forget your middle-class sensibilities and shout VERY LOUDLY causing maximum disruption and embarrassment.

    Nx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's to your good health and feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I go straight to no 5 Nige
    saves any messing around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday.

    Sounds like your doing all the good for you health!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, John! You're more persistent than I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you on the health issues! I wish I was as vigilant!

    Poor chick! I hope the set up with the bantam works out!

    Glad you had a good B-day dinner, but as long as you know it's bad for you........

    Maybe they will find your slides.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I brought my blood pressure back to normal (whatever that is) by losing two stone John - no seconds, no cake, no cheese and no eating between meals. Feel much better for it.
    Have just seen that lovely little piggy on your side bar - would love to give it a cuddle (you too of course). How does it feel to be one day older?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous1:48 pm

    Keep up the good work. We want to be able to read your blog for many many more years. Where else would we get our chick and pig fixes each day?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great progress John! I am sure you also feel a bit of a spring in your step from your weight loss. Good luck with your slides!

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Warm spoon and goose grease" nowt as odd as country folk :-D
    If you don't get any joy in Boots, you could always have a "turn", that'll get 'em hopping hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  17. June 1st? Too bad you missed out the ideal birthday for humanity by one day!

    I must admit that after a few months of losing a few pounds here and there they've come back. I think it's the beer and tarts. Mrs IG has driven me to learn about pastry. It's not pretty, but it tastes great!

    Happy old man day, by the by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. John,

    Happy Belated Birthday, I told Janet on FB but forgot to come to blogger so I could tell you. Hugs for missing Maddie; I still miss my favorite dog Toad it has been years already. No matter what your stone; I still find you quite the looker even though; you can't sit on that box of frogs you leave on my porch step.

    ROFL
    Mal

    ReplyDelete
  19. No wonder you are having trouble with 'sticky Rs syndrome'. You lot up there in Wales certainly know how to stretch the pennies, eh? Goose-grease? Why, when I was a lad in Deadwood, we used to put that stuff on our hair for a night out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That post was reading quite wel until you mentioned ... resorting to a warm spoon and a ton of goose grease...

    Oh the image of it - not nice.

    Sad thing is I may have to resort to it myself unless I get out on my bike a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous7:45 pm

    Ah yes...the ever-entertaining game of Bait and Stab. So easy to play with incompetents of all stripes. Seriously though...didn't the slides they lost belong to others? MY blood pressure goes up just thinking about it! And congrats on the peeling pounds...bravo! I feel thinner just watching you do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey John!! In the chaos of my day yesterday, I didn't get a chance to stop by and wish you a HAPPY HAPPY BIRRTHDAY! Good for you for eating a healthy diet--You know, pork can be full of fat and all things that clog your arteries, so maybe keep that in mind while making any decisions about 12 and 21.... :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous2:49 am

    So soon you will be known in the village as John the Skinny? Or perhaps John the Lean...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday John! :) I need to start on the ol' health thing as well....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hooray for you, Mr. Healthy! Keep up the good work. I'm almost as fossilized as you are..

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes