Caligula in Hot Pants

A ballet that evokes the "complex and troubling "personality of the Roman Emperor Caligula does not sound like a bag of laughs does it? (even though he seemed to be dressed in maroon Velvet hot pants)
And you'd be right
This short ballet, structured in five acts to the slightly incongruous music of Vivaldi's Four Seasons, did have some innovative male led pieces but the slightly pretentious and confusing "pantomimes" in between acts bored me rigid and at one moment Chris had to wake me up to stop me snoring.
hey ho
At least he enjoyed this live performance of Le Ballet de l'Opera de Paris........

9 comments:

  1. Snoring? Bored rigid? Was your breath coming in short pants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even going to try and top Tom, I shall simply bow to the the master wit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol kate, I think your previous comment about hatching eggs in your bra, has turned his head!
    j
    xps I think youshould blog again

    ReplyDelete
  5. John - well, in that case, here you go.

    http://boobbator2009.blogspot.com/

    Can't promise that it is much of an improvement on Caligula. (funny, he came up in the High School overview that we attended this evening... had I known he looked like that, I might have paid more attention!) I WISH I had all of the discussion and commentary that was on Backyardchickens.com, but someone got offended when someone else asked about posting pictures and dimentions of the incubator (I didn't, but the suggestion was enough to get the thread banned) so I finished the experiment on the blog.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dito what Tom said...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, must have been really boring! Please visit my blog if you have a chance. I have a blog on a bird which I'm SURE you'd love to see (lol) have a great day. Greetings Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just looked up Kate's 'hatching' blog and was most disappointed that there are no photos. Oh well, I'll follow anyway, just in case. (pictures can be sent in a brown envelope to: tjstephenson@talktalk.net )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny. I have to go to bed now. It's almost 3am and I have jury duty in the morning. ugh.x-c

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes