Welsh Wonders No 1


Does anyone else out there play mind or word games with themselves when completing mundane jobs around the home?
I do it all of the time........
Today, when I was cleaning out the bird drinkers I set myself the challenge of listing 50 "modern day" Welsh celebrities with talent!
Now there are some rules in this game
(Yes I was taking myself seriously)
The celebrity must be Welsh
They must be living ( so cheating extra names such as the actors Richard Burton, Stanley Baker,Hugh Griffith,Edmund Gwen,Rachel Roberts and entertainers such as Harry Seacome and Tommy Cooper cannot be "entered")
Did I get up to 50? Well you will have to wait and see.... Number one was an arbitrary choice.....Katherine Jenkins the Welsh soprano and "forces sweetheart" ( The title she stole from Liverpudlian actress and Nigel pin up Claire Sweeney )
She is slightly too saccharine for my tastes but she is, there is no doubt, a talented and successful ambassador for Wales! I will post one famous Welsh celebrity a day if I remember!
I picked this clip for Tracey, as there is a a muscle bound "angel" that turns up towards the end of the video........and fair dos to Miss Jenkins......she did all her own stunts!

Chris has left the village for three days down in London....
So I can get stuck in with toilet training Constance who is presently play fighting with Meg in the kitchen.
Above is George who had been chased so much by the two new Light Sussex Hens, that he whipped himself into a total frenzy out on the field.......

14 comments:

  1. I could have done my own stunts with that ANGEL!!!!!!!!
    PS. I love Janet....my kind of sense of humour!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love George - he's so adorable. kiss kiss... I wonder what he'd do if a goat chased him? hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any tips on toilet training would be gratefully received. Max is not doing too bad, a couple of poos in the night and last night he weed on the paper. He always does hios business when I take him outside.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. we were lucky when we got Molly, totally trained, mind you she has pooped the odd time up in the attic, no idea why.......George is so funny.

    I have to say I cannot think of 50 people who are alive for your list?

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I popped in from Gill's blog. That's a good idea to have constructive thoughts when doing mundane jobs; mine just wander about willy-nilly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eve Myles! (Yes, I am a Torchwood fan!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have to include Ruth Jones - who I think is a great comedy writer. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. And Rhys Iffans (as I love him) and Rhod Gilbert as he makes me laugh about everyday mundane things - Shopping for a duvet was one of them!. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely voice! Had no idea angels looked like that!
    49 to go John. Bring them on!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. She needs to get out of bed, put some clothes on and get herself a hot oil treatment

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm, that's a lovely angel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Welsh celebrity? The mind boggles...

    Oh, hang on, I did meet a fat lass from Newport on a plane once, who plied me with vodka from her suruptiously opened duty free. She was a star!

    ReplyDelete
  13. George looks to be having a wonderful time!
    We have another new kid here!
    I am watching my mail daily!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Lord she nearly popped out of that dress.
    Wasn't that Angel boyfriend Gethen Jones? - he did do Strictly after all. There you go for number 2 - Gethen Jones. Umm, Thinking of Strictly, Gavin Hensn, ex- husband of "Voice of an Angel" Charlotte Church ( nos 3 & 4 ) and wrapping up the whole comment about Angels nicely.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes