The Joy of Embarrassment

I love those little moments in life that shriek embarrassment!
Of course the "victim" must not be harmed unduly ( either physically or emotionally), but the dénouement of any such event must be punchy and totally unexpected.....if it is to amuse the watcher
Today I took Richard to the train station in Prestatyn. We were a little early, so decided to go for a coffee at the scala cinema and as we walked down the High Street, we spied a security van parked slightly skew wiff next to the bank.
A small crowd had gathered as the van's alarm was sounding ( It sang out a somewhat strange, slightly effeminate plea of "get help....get help!" and the  driver was stood unhappily  by the vehicle talking to two bored looking police women!
I stopped and asked an elderly man what was the matter and he laughed
"The stupid twat of a guard has locked himself inside the van and has been there for ages"


Like I said , I love little moments like these.....especially when they happen to someone else and not me........

A few years ago I was standing in the Nat West Bank in Rhyl, waiting for a till to become available. when I noticed my sister in law standing at the enquiry till.The bank was crowded and I was in a hurry so after I deposited my cheque , I sneaked up behind her and for some strange reason whacked her soundly on the arse with the flat of my hand..
The smack  made a resounding " TWACK" as hand came in contact with skirt covered bum  and I seemed to elicit a collective "oooooooohhhhh" from the crowd of customers a second before ( and yes you've guessed it) a woman that was NOT my sister in law yelled out at the top of her lungs
" what the f*ck?!!!!!!!"

I seem to spend my life doing things like this 
SEE MY MOST EMBARRASSING INCIDENT ( of all time) AT A PREVIOUS BLOG
http://disasterfilm.blogspot.com/2010/05/painfull.html

13 comments:

  1. Tee hee. I think I'd rather be the guard locked inside his truck than you thwacking your "sister" on the bum. kiss kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I can just see you doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly type...I am laughing so hard....tears streaming...and wheezing here....gad...that was hysterical! Sorry I laugh at your embarrassment, but how on earth did you leave the scene after that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serves you right!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL :O)... good funnies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I wish I hadn't had a mouth full of hot chocolate when I read about your's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG-I am laughing beyond words. That is hilarious. Did you quickly explain how she looked like your beautiful sister-in-law? :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny! I want to hear what you said to her after you found out she wasn't your sister in law! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, I didn't a good laugh and also enjoyed finding out I am not the only person who goofs up now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you know it look me approximately 10 minutes to pick myself up off the floor because I fell down laughing! Seriously! John, thank you for making my day - that was absolutely the BEST:-)!!!

    Also glad you didn't get arrested!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldnt laugh because I do this to myself the whole time and so often that its not even funny if it happens to anyone else now. xxx!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder why it is that we seem to secretly delight in the misfortunes of others. That being said, I would have been laughing hysterically at the poor man in the security van. Especially with that siren!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for skipping by.

    I love this post.
    In my former life I was a letter carrier. One very busy morning, I was the last of the carriers still in the office when the boss came by with a troup of school kids interested in the behind-the-counter scenes of the Postal Service. I was in a hurry and had my back to the little duffers when I bent over to lift a heavy tray of mail from the floor. I could not only hear, but feel the seam of my britches splitting all the way to my belt, presenting a nice expose to the youngsters... and my boss. arg.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes