The Trelawnyd Flower Show 2011 & HAPPY THANKSGIVING

It is freezing this morning.
After walking the dogs ( Constance had to be manhandled out of her bed)
I broke all of the ice formed on the animal water feeders, set out the corn and layers pellets and let all the birds out to free range.
By the time I had caught Lilian ( a white buff with a rattle cough), given her some antibiotic, then treated Boris with some antibacterial spray ( he has a sore claw digit) and finally dabbed Vaseline on Constance's cracked nose (a job that has to be done outside as she has a tendency to be sick with stress after the treatment) I felt chilled to the bone, so right now I am warming up with coffee and some buttered scones!
The scones were a welcomed gift from Auntie Glad, and were left overs from the flower show meeting held at her house last night. (Half way through the proceedings she treats us to hot sweet tea and lashings of buttered, freshly baked scones)

The Flower Show meeting was brief . The committee had already thrashed out the new schedule for 2011 at a previous meeting, so we just needed to cross the T'S and dot the i's.
Next year's show will have more Trophy prize cups for the winners 
The new Schedule can be seen at

http://trelawnydflowershow.blogspot.com/

I would be very interested to read your comments

and to all you Americans out there

Have a Peaceful and enjoyable

THANKSGIVING DAY
XXXXX

21 comments:

  1. What a lovely pair of turkeys! I also have a picture of you on my blog......;0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you managed to "save" a turkey. I'll let someone else enjoy the turkey today, I love all the side dishes and pies. Wish you were here to enjoy all the food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you have Boris in the photo, reminding all those American what they have done to those poor Boris' in America!!!

    (I am only joking to my neighbours accross the border!!)

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a terrific picture of you and Boris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello John!! I am so sorry that life has gotten in the way of my visiting your blog (and others to for that matter). I've spent some time catching up on what you've been up to and feel like I've caught up with a friend!

    The weather here in Virginia is very mild and we just barely need a jacket, but that's going to change soon enough! Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes, and I hope you have an enjoyable day too.

    By the way, I checked the flower show blog. The fuschia is just amazing!!! How I love flower-shows and so wish I could attend this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, that pic of you and Boris could be a Thanksgiving card! One of those lucky turkeys Boris is!
    Those scones sounded delicious! I want some.....will have to dig out my Mom's recipe.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the turkey pic! well, as a vegetarian, no turkey for me today. ha ha. plenty of other stuff to eat! i like your photos. stay warm and have a wonderful day and thanks for the well wishes for thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your turkey is safe! Cute photo! Stay warm... you are having cold weather too. Kristine and I are stuck on the mountain... I'm making homemade sauce and spaghetti. No turkey for us. Thanks for the wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. John, that is my favorite photo of you and the turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pic of you with Boris!

    No turkey dies because of me, today!
    (Maybe in December)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the picture of you and Boris. Another turkeyless Thanksgiving here. There is a pork roast with sauerkraut and apples cooking in the crockpot. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The look is priceless, and might I add there is a remarkable resemblence, methinks it may be the scarf :)
    You make a very handsome pair ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thursday to you, and that is a great picture! Enjoy your day, I will be thankful for mine!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the photo. Tell Boris we don't eat turkeys in our house. I hope you get a nicer judge for the flower show this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. terry
    I have clarified the rules on the quiche this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a good picture of you and Boris!!

    Just a thought, you might try 100% vitamin E oil on Constance's nose. It works wonders for that crusty dry cracking thing they get. You may find too with regular use you don't need to do it every single day. After you have used have used it a bit :O)... Maybe it will sit better with her tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay John...help me out here. I love animals, but turkeys? I know I just need guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just being a skite, but I sat out under the pergola at the Canowindra ( pronounced Kan-noun-dra) Pub yesterdaay and drank an ice cold bottle of Squires Amber Ale. it was 30C in the shade! ! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look at you and the lovely Boris!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous6:08 pm

    Thank you John! It was a great one...
    Dia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous6:10 pm

    P.S. I love that photo of you and Boris!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes