A potential new lady


Chris has flown up to Scotland for a couple of days work, and so I am keeping the home fires burning, so to speak.
We have two sofas in the cottage living room. One sofa is Chris' , the other , obviously is mine. Tonight I am typing out this blog on my sofa , it is a bit of a squeeze as each dog has jammed themselves into every inch of our Cole Brothers "traditional" and I have found it amusing that Chris' sofa is neat, tidy and untouched. (above)
The pack mentality of dogs never fails to fascinate me.
Their need to constantly be a part of something, to be near each other (and to you), to act as one entity, a pack, is the stuff of a David Attenborough series and I guess it won't surprise anyone that we may be having another slobbery chop addition to out cottage pack very soon.

I happened to mention to the dogs groomer Jackie, that I was thinking of getting another dog to keep the lowest-in-the-pecking-order George company. We wanted a bitch , something benign, and something a little slower than the Welsh ( George is never able to keep up with them) and she immediately told her she had a friend who was looking for a home to "retire" a 3 year old bulldog bitch called Frankie.

I spoke to Frankie's owner this evening and after looking at a few snaps of her, we need to arrange to go over to meet her for the first time.
Watch this space...............

 The fire is lit, the night is cold.....and an early night is in order........

15 comments:

  1. oh how exciting...so here waiting impatiently to see what you decide! She would have such a wonderful life with you though...I hope she gives you those big soft brown eyes. I'm afraid if she wags her tail..well I think she's yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankie is a cutie pie and she would look so cute in front of that fireplace John!
    Can't wait to meet her.
    I think it's time, as you suggested a while back, that we explore a 'mate' for Sophie. Will have to work on Ron.....
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh your home looks so cozy! Wouldn't you like a fluffy little goat instead of a stinky dog? hee hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure looks like my kind of night..enjoy the peace and quiet...not that I think Chris makes that much noise lol...but it is always nice to have "me-time", isn't it? Even though you have all the other critters with you to look after....just sit back and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! A new arrival! Looking forward to meeting her. There's always room for one more critter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope George and Frankie hit it off, I thing George has been a fifth wheel too long, (or is he getting to like it that way?) Some dogs do like to be the only one... since Jill has gotten so big, I think Jack would get over it real quick if she fell off the face of the earth. Frankie is a sweetie pie though, why on earth are they willing to part with her?

    You have such a charming home (what I can see of it!) That picture of Albert taking a cat nap, would make and excellent Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frankie will be one lucky little lady if she gets a spot in your Pack! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hope it all works out and Frankie will be one very lucky little lady becoming part of your family♥ Your fireplace is to die for, sigh......... Lucky Albert♥ Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you cannot go wrong with a doggy with a pushed in face :O). Boxers, Bostons, and Bulldogs :O). Bulldogs rank in cute right up there with the Boxers and Bostons :O). Cute name too Frankie :O).

    The stove picture is so cozy :O). I love wood stoves and fireplaces!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck, John. I spent years wanting a bitch, then ended up with Her Indoors. Watch out for Boxers though - they don't just head-butt you in the nuts like turkys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's gorgeous. Have you met my grandpuppy Daisy John? I have a bit soft spot for bulldogs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why is it that all the 'Tom's' commenting on your site are, well... Tom's?

    I love Bulldogs but as Tom Stephenson says, if they want attention and you ignore them, they'll gnaw yer nuts off.

    Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I like to be different!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to come to your house and sit in front of your fireplace! What a cozy scene. ;-)

    Oh my! It looks like things are going to get interesting (as if they ever aren't!) at your place...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a warm and cozy place you have!

    Good luck with Frankie. She has the type of face only a mother could love which would totally attract me to her!

    ReplyDelete
  15. of course I vote for Frankie to join the pack!!!!
    It is almost cool enough for a fire here, although they are saying we will be back into the 80s this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes