Hubble, bubble toil and trouble

Like three old witches we sat around the breakfast table slagging off the service given to us by the Chinese restaurant last night..  Soon ,Chris is taking his father to Church and then to the Red lion pub at nearby Llanasa (pic) for manly pint.....I will give the dogs a proper walk, prepare lunch then sneak off to bed....I am working tonight.

Constance (aka Frankie) has been with us a week now, and I am presently sat here, typing this blog whilst reviewing her "progress" with her plonked happily next to me on the couch.
It has been an easy week all told. She has proved herself to be a benign and affectionate despot, that demands very little in the way of time and effort. She is affectionate and eager to please and delights in rubbing her huge box like , dead pan face into yours  when you make a fuss of her.......it is an odd experience...as it is a bit like being sexually molested by a somewhat hairy Buster Keaton
The other dogs have accepted her but remain somewhat wary. Although clearly a dog, Her somewhat "plodding" personality and lazy behaviour has confused them I am sure. When she is challenged, for the best position on a couch or close position to Chris and I, Constance will roll her big sad eyes slowly and studiously ignore the situation . thus avoiding any conflict or aggression.
The terriers find all this passive inactivity confusing to say the least........but as an avoidance to fights, it seems to work very well indeed.
Right, enough already... I am off now to clean out the wood burner.......Chris and his dad are out.....just enough time to secretly cast my phone vote for Matt............I am a sad old git 

17 comments:

  1. I,d love to have a dog like that. To me, it isn't ugly it has charm but to those that feel they can walk into my house any time to watch TV, it would put the fear of God into them. Yes, I was invaded again last night so instead of relaxing in front of the TV, I had to cook a huge pot of Tagliatelli Carbonara. But I have come up with a cunning plan. Now, when they all sit down to eat I insist the TV is turned off in favour of music on the stereo as the TV distracts Alexander from sitting at the table to eat his food. They did not like that. Not one little bit! Chuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect dog! I like mine to move around more but the expression would be entertainment all by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds to me like you need one more dog,or maybe I should say Frankie needs a dog, one with a slow laid back way about it .One that lives at Frankie's speed so she will have a doggie friend.What's one more dog in a whole house full of dogs ,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your covert voting plan! He was very good last night. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. '...sexually molested by a hairy Buster Keaton...' What an image. I am fond of your dog already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I understand why these Bulldogs are so popular over here. We see them more and more. And I have a colleague who will only have these. They are adorable!
    John and Matt up in the tree.......

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frankie/Constance has landed in clover with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not ugly John, I've had boyfriends worse looking than that - and I do so agree with your remarks about common courtesy, in restaurants or anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Constance (Frankie) seems like a cool customer indeed. she is making her way among the pack hierarchy... the confusion of the terriers must be a sight to behold! PS I also vote (but openly) on our show Dancing with the Stars... was utterly and immensely SHOCKED that Brandy was booted.... and that Bristol Palin will dance in the finals.....I am not a fan of the Palin Clan... Happy Sunday xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. If Frankie O'Constance could speak she would surely finish her cigar and announce, "When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber." Guess who said that originally?

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you see a Bulldog its hard to imagine them bringing down a bull so they are a very powerful breed but as with most dogs I think they reflect their environment so I'm sure that in a loving home like yours Frankie will be chilled and contented with you and the other dogs, I mean, why go fighting when you can sit with your feet up by the log burner?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds great! Hope you have an easy night and you all have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's a lovely dog, and I do understand why the terriers are so confused. They couldn't be any different.

    Been catching up on my reading, now that the quarantine is keeping us from the track for at least three weeks. Loved the snore blog, and the Welsh sounds like music.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think she is cute! "hairy Buster Keaton" LOL She sounds like a great dog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like Frankie is just a great doggy addition!

    She is certainly a nifty looking doggy and sounds like she knows how to handle herself with the other dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another super photo of Frankie........she would fit perfectly in our house.

    I am giving your blog a mention on Tuesday along with your sisters. Figured I couldn't mention her blog without mentioning yours it wouldn't be fair now would it?

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes