Disaster returns

 Now I make it no secret that I love disaster movies.......now...... the disaster genre does not only cover such end-of-the-world scenarios as burning skyscrapers and capsized passenger liners...it basically also covers any "motley group of individuals " under threat scenario!
So some of the best disaster movies have been the likes of  Independence day or The Mist ( where there has been no natural catastrophe in sight)....so I watched with some interest the Frank  (The Mist) Darabout first tv episode of The Walking Dead

Of course the whole episode was rubbish, but it was glossy rubbish, where the main survivors were all cute kids, buff men, pretty women and the obligatory old person .....thin as cardboard but , to me highly entertaining!!!!
It makes me laugh
if the tv series was set in Trelawnyd then the group of survivors would be a group of old ladies,a fat faced red farmer and me with a chicken tucked under my arm! ( hummmm BBC take note)
I can feel a movie script coming on


11 comments:

  1. John...I would be first at the box office. I love disaster movies...my year is so lacking if Harrison Ford or Bruce Willis hasn't saved my world! Give it all a British twist and I am so there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the one with the might Chicken Holder saving the world! :)

    I wouldn't mind a good disaster romp, haven't watched any of those of late... Hmmm.

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who'd get eaten first - the chicken or yourself! LOL!

    Must look for The Walking Dead - who's the character on the horse and is it shting 'cos the sign says "Do Not Enter"? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if you would be a better actor or screen writer.... Fairly sure about the writer, as I have never seen your acting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a horse that could do that, and a senile killer goat, if you'd like to borrow them for your movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fella on the horse is Brit actor Andrew Lincoln (Eg in This Life)
    fraid the horse got eaten!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe often tells us his Disaster plan... nip to Waitrose - buy sausages & chocolate then head of on one of the yachts hubby manages !!! Go Joe Go !

    Do you remember the 70's series The Survivors ? ( not sure if that was the exact title ) I loved it.

    We watch quite a few of the movies - Independance day & Armegeddon being two favourites. May watch Day after Tomorrow tonight ... sigh Dennis Quaid can save me ANY DAY !

    ReplyDelete
  8. ... John I see that this is on FX - is that SKY ? We only have Freeview - shame as this programme is right up Joe's street!
    We are still miffed that Primeval and Torchwood were axed - both superb TV viewing !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shame the 'Carry On' team didn't survive long enough to do one in the disaster genre.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey John, I can see your village being set something along the lines of an episode of 'The Vicar of Dibley'. But with some imagination on the part of YOU the writer, it could turn into a disaster of some sort! Now I know it's in you John!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so pissed about the horse getting eaten because the horse trusted the Englishman. My son and I can't wait til the next episode on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes