Butternut squash and kissing coppers

Chris had already taken today off for my birthday, but neither of us really felt like celebrating the day very much. Bless, he tired to be upbeat with my cards and gifts but his and my heart was not quite in it, so we have spent the day pottering away the hours. He with some sewing repairs and me with planting out butternut squash and some very dirty duck house cleaning (Why are ducks so bloody dirty?)
We also took a cake and presents down to my sister ( remember I am a twin!) to celebrate her birthday but again our hearts were not quite in it, even though we tried to sound upbeat.

Chris did buy me a card that HE KNEW would bring a smile to my face, given the fact I am slightly obsessed with tv police shows. Below is Banksy's infamous "kissing coppers"....somewhere on his travels Chris had found a card with a copy of the stencil on it.....he knows me so well!

Tonight we will do nothing much...perhaps a couple of movies on dvd and a takeaway.

Thank you to everyone who has left a comment and has e mailed me.......believe me, I have found all the things said incredibly sweet and supportive

x.

15 comments:

  1. So nice of Chris to stay home and spend the day with you. I know it is hard to stay upbeat right now.

    Great card, LOL!

    Did you ever get the goose house put together?

    I hope you can enjoy your evening and have a few moments of happiness that you have made it to another birthday. ;o)

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard about Maddie from Kim and am sooo sorry. Rest in Peace, sweet girl.
    Hugs xo
    Sammie and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you are spending the day in the best possible way-quietly, at home, a few chores to keep the mind too busy to wander...
    My heart is with you both, and the rest of your canine crew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you.
    Chris is very thoughtful.
    Even though this is a tough time for you, I hope your birthday/evening turns out nice.
    How's the goose house coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too funny! I know it was hard to have a happy birthday, but I'm wishing you one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have missed a lot lately. Not much chance of playing catch up. I'll probably have to pick up in the middle like a half missed movie. Hope they birthday was pleasant, with or without the heart. If you're like me, you get to the point where you just assume not get a year older. But if I gotta, I might as well enjoy what I can of it.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah forgot about the goose-house. And as for ducks, never again am I having baby ones in my spare room.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. from now on you will especially remember her on your birthday, a timeless gift of love from her, don't you think? dogs bodies leave but not their spirits, love is eternal - happy birthday - peace

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry John. I didn't know. I lost Elvis, my black cat recently. It's not easy. But I guess it's the price you have to pay for loving your anmials, knowing that they won't live to be 70, 80, 90 years old like us. I really am sorry.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, why is it ducks are so nasty!

    and ditto what Sharon said, did you get your goose house put together, if you posted that I missed it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear John and Chris, I stopped by to check upon Maddie after an absence from the laptop and was so sorry to learn of her sudden death.

    I know this cannot be easy for either of you and please accept my most humble and respectful sympathy on her loss. Dear old girl, so glad she had love and famiy and a happy home with you.

    I know Maddie is an angel in good Heavenly company, but to lose her so suddenly is so unfair. My hearts go out to you. Hugs... xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAPPY BIRTHDAY from over the waters...kissing coppers sounds kinky...love the kink!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hard enough to lose Maddie, but right before your birthday? :( I hope next year is better. I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. John, I've been thinking of you today and I hope that with today being your birthday you've been able to find some peace and comfort in your heart which hopefully brought a smile to your face! ~Happy Birthday--I think for about a week we might be the same age, mine is next week~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, John! ♫♪♬♪
    Despite despair, be well.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes